Looking for a replacement BCD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How about a Zeagle Scout. Mine travels well and it seems sturdier than the travel BC's I've seen.

I did cut the cummerbund off to make it less bulky.

My 14 year old Sherwood BCD has broken and is not repairable. I do most of my diving in the Caribbean and am always fighting to meet the 50 pound limit. I am thinking of buying a travel BCD with integrated weights.

Any suggestions or BCD's I should avoid?

I recently purchased the Oceanic Biolite bcd and I love it. It fits very comfortably, can hold a good amount of weight, quick release weight pockets, great straps, and so far the bladder material seems very durable. It's extremely light and packs down small. Decent amount of lift as well (38lbs for the XL). Makes for a great travel bc

If you're looking at travel BCDs, you might want to check out the ScubaPro Go. It has integrated weights, folds up small, dries quickly, and has quite a bit of lift (depending on the size) compared to other travel BCDs I looked out. I've used it on two trips so far, so I can't attest to the durability of it, but I've grown quite fond of it.

I would advise the Scubapro Go too. I chose it because being 6ft4 and 240 pounds, the other models didn't quite fit, especially the Zuma. No complaints at all with my Go.

Back
Top Bottom