Why are so many folks selling their Teric?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's a good idea to wear a bottom timer on each wrist. That way if a shark bites off one of your arms you still know how much deco to do.
good plan...as long as you also carry a tournequet!

Haven’t seen many used for sale here but the Perdix seems more popular.

How long are people going without recharging the Teric when worn purely as a watch between dives? Thanks in advance. Any idea how that compares to the Garmin Descent as purely a watch?

Like many of us, he has been around long enough to have his own opinions. Now George Irvine the 3rd, was opinionated and didn't ever pull back on his comments, many of which have become classics.
Seriously? You are comparing GI3 toWWM? Give me one classic WWM quote.

OK, I'm game. Who has the better trim? My nickel is on GI3. You?

Kiss a duck? Goddam right!! As long as the duck went everywhere that this one did and is backed up by one of the very best instructors I've ever encountered:

Kiss a Duck.jpg

Since you didn't ask, a great instructor is one who puts himself into making you much better than you were when you first darkened his/her doorstep.

I'm done with this. To the casual reader: All old divers aren't wizards, age buys you nothing in this sport. I'm not even close to a wizard, but I personally know a few who are...

Like others I am one of those that impulse bought the Teric and now I am selling it.

I really really tried to like it but found I just like the Perdix better. There is nothing wrong with the Teric it is amazing but like most people when you can basically run to the Perdix, Petrel or Predator blind folded its hard to get away from that interface. Especially when you are a CC diver for most units the gold standard for controllers is a Petrel or Predator.

For me the reason for selling the Teric is 100% just personal preference of the the Perdix/Petrel interface being ingrained in my brain/muscle memory and also like most if you have a Petrel controller on your rebreather its nice to have a backup computer with the same buttons and menus. Generally if you are in a situation where you need to use your backup then something has gone wrong and the last thing you want to be doing is fumbling around scrolling through your backup trying to find the right gas, etc.

However like I said there is NOTHING wrong with the Teric and if I was an OC diver then I would be more than happy to run two Teric's but for me and I think most CC divers I just like having the same interfaces on both computers.

Reactions: Jay
I had my Perdix before the Teric came out, I believe. Once I saw the Teric screen in action, I'm glad I got the Perdix. Bigger, plus I like the AA battery, as well.

How long are people going without recharging the Teric when worn purely as a watch between dives? Thanks in advance. Any idea how that compares to the Garmin Descent as purely a watch?
One thing to consider is that the Teric is pretty heavy (at least to me). I do wear it as a watch on dive trips but would not want to wear it daily when not diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom