everybody ok?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Two out of three weeks in lockdown. Belgian Government just informed they will add 2 more weeks. So we're off for 3 more weeks to come. Daytime passes ok with a load of online meetings.
Evenings are the longest as are weekends... No one to talk to, no one to sit down and eat with, no one to hug...

Be safe all...be safe and remain safe...

Hunkered down here in Ocean View. With all the recent rains and currents we haven't been in the water lately. We are taking it that scuba counts as swimming and hoping to get in down at Haolewood soon. Our buddy has a compressor so no problem getting tanks filled.

Looking out over Kewalo Basin.... The boats look lonely

Home with college kids who are missing their social lives. Lots of house projects and tv. My hubby and son both able to work from home thankfully.
I really should go over my dive gear, but constant interruptions by family needing things!

Home with college kids who are missing their social lives. Lots of house projects and tv. My hubby and son both able to work from home thankfully.
I really should go over my dive gear, but constant interruptions by family needing things!

Basically: whether you live alone or not, these lockdowns are good for no one.

On a positive note: nature has a moment to recover now.

Have you seen the canals of Venice? They are so crystal clear now...

The canals cleared because the boat traffic has stopped. I think there is a high component of sewerage in those canals.

Funny thing, some idiots threw a sleeper couch in a pond near my house. I hauled the frame out, but couldn't get the whole inner spring mattress out at the same time, the springs detached. Later when I finally tried to snag the springs bit, I discovered it had been populated by fish. Well gold fish, which had reverted to their more natural coloration, and a bunch of newts. I pushed the springs back into the pond.

The canals cleared because the boat traffic has stopped.

Exactly. Air quality has improved as well because traffic has decreased, industry has (almost) stopped,...

Schermafbeelding 2020-03-30 om 21.57.19.png

A small positive point.

Two out of three weeks in lockdown. Belgian Government just informed they will add 2 more weeks. So we're off for 3 more weeks to come. Daytime passes ok with a load of online meetings.
Evenings are the longest as are weekends... No one to talk to, no one to sit down and eat with, no one to hug...

Be safe all...be safe and remain safe...

Do group facetime stuff. I've been in 2 now. Feels like we were actually together. One morning we had coffee and on Friday, we had cocktail hour.

I wouldn't be surprised to find that it's something that we continue to do now and then when the self isolation and social distancing is over.

Yes, I am missing hugs

Back
Top Bottom