Coronavirus Update / Flights to Galapagos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

UPDATE: There is still confusion. Some are saying the only people not permitted to fly to Galapagos are those who show symptoms. Everyone is being checked with a handheld 'heat scan' prior to being permitted into Ecuador. So whether they are prohibiting only people with symptoms or are also prohibitng people who have been in China, South Korea, Italy or Iran in the last 30 days is now a question mark.

We had a couple from South Korea who were not permitted to fly into Galapagos today. The Korean ambassador actually went to the airport to assist them. In theory, he has them cleared to fly to Galapagos tomorrow. I will update this tomorrow.

There is no mention on the IATA status page of either Ecuador or Galapagos.

Added: two sequential posts saying the same thing!

UPDATE: There is still confusion. Some are saying the only people not permitted to fly to Galapagos are those who show symptoms. Everyone is being checked with a handheld 'heat scan' prior to being permitted into Ecuador. So whether they are prohibiting only people with symptoms or are also prohibitng people who have been in China, South Korea, Italy or Iran in the last 30 days is now a question mark.

We had a couple from South Korea who were not permitted to fly into Galapagos today. The Korean ambassador actually went to the airport to assist them. In theory, he has them cleared to fly to Galapagos tomorrow. I will update this tomorrow.

ohi , ohi .... I live in Italy and I have booked a trip in Galapagos next May .... really hope I will be able to get there !
Please let us know how this new regulation works .
many thanks
Paolo

03/12/2020
COVID-19. Update: The Ministry of Health of Ecuador has established that all travelers from countries with important cases of contagion from COVID-19 will be required for a 14-day mandatory home quarantine. The same measure also applies to travelers to the Galapagos islands.

here from Us embassy in Ecuador
COVID-19 Information | U.S. Embassy & Consulate in Ecuador

Paulo there is so much Corona virus in Italy that you should really think twice before going anywhere in May, which is less than 8 weeks away. You could get there and borders could be closed or the airline stops flying. If a diver starts to get stick at any time during the trip what will happen ? Chances are you will go straight back to the port and that’s the end of your trip.

Sorry !

hello Sunn and Tippytoes12 ,
yes in the meantime the Master Liveaboard had already cancelled that trip ( giving us a full credit for a future trip , so ... many thaks for that service ) , and to be really sure I rescheduled in 2022 ( ! )

Back
Top Bottom