When do you think virus-related disruptions will end?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We (in the UAE) have an intense lockdown including a nightly curfew between 8pm and 6am. Borders were completely closed a week ago (restrictions before that)

The Gov forecast here is, assuming the cases keep to their models that restrictions should start to be lifted near the end of April

However I doubt very much whether that will include the borders being opened especially to countries that still have cases.

I doubt whether the tourist industry will start again until 2021 Not only to borders need to open, people need to have some confidence and of course the economic impact of the lockdowns on people's personal situation might mean that discretionary spending takes longer than that to resume

I apologize. I clearly understand that Taiwan is Chinese and Hong Kong is Chinese but I was speaking about Communist China.

Taiwan is Taiwanese not Chinese. Nowadays if you call a Taiwanese a Chinese you are likely to get a smack in the head over your ignorance. I was in Bohol last year when someone tried to tell a group of Taiwanese they were "Chinese" and it did not end up well for that person.

Taiwan is Taiwanese not Chinese. Nowadays if you call a Taiwanese a Chinese you are likely to get a smack in the head over your ignorance. I was in Bohol last year when someone tried to tell a group of Taiwanese they were "Chinese" and it did not end up well for that person.
As long as Taiwan calls itself Republic of China it is Chinese.

I suggest everyone stop introducing political related comments into this thread.

I suggest everyone stop introducing political related comments into this thread.

Says the person who just made a political statement. You might as well call Singapore Chinese and Korea Chinese and Vietnam Chinese. Lots of countries have Chinese immigrants. Australia must be Chinese too the second most spoken language there is Chinese.

Without giving credence to anything the Chinese say, there are at least 5000 people a month die in Wuhan. The crematories are busy there without the virus.

Not 5000 a month for all of Wuhan, 5000 a month at each of the several of the mortuaries in Wuhan

Interesting You view it like it is in my mind. How about Taiwan Republic of China?

I see your answer above.

I thought I had stuck my foot in my mouth when I said "Chinese" speaking only of Communist China.

Free Chinese.
Try to call a Tibetan a chinese and see what will happen?

This thread has gone off the deep end...

This thread has gone off the deep end...
Not uncommon. Usually the deep end puts them in the pub.
I am counting on sanity returning before August. We've booked tickets for Bonaire and I hope those tickets get used. We have seats on a plane in 2 weeks; not expecting to get to use them.

Back
Top Bottom