Perdix AI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

upload_2020-3-29_1-46-25.jpeg
upload_2020-3-29_1-45-19.jpeg

Waiting for the additional point of failure comments...:popcorn:
That hose is a shearwater product. Works great and no issues with it. It is only about 6 inches total in length. Personally I use it for both my Perdix and my Suunto Eon core. Bring on the point of failure commenters. It works. Doesn’t hang up on anything and I have peace of mind knowing my 1st stage is not in danger of being stripped out or worse from an ill handling crew.

Glenn

That hose is a shearwater product. Works great and no issues with it. It is only about 6 inches total in length. Personally I use it for both my Perdix and my Suunto Eon core. Bring on the point of failure commenters. It works. Doesn’t hang up on anything and I have peace of mind knowing my 1st stage is not in danger of being stripped out or worse from an ill handling crew.

Glenn
Are you saying your short hose is a Shearwater hose? Last I checked, Shearwater is not in the hose business.

I've been diving with transmitters for a few years now and have never had an issue with crew mishandling and damaging my transmitters (or saw or heard of issues with others I've dived with). When diving off a RIB and passing gear up from the water, I do always remind them about the transmitters. The hose certainly adds extra failure points - but it's a personal choice if that is a real concern or not.

Are you saying your short hose is a Shearwater hose? Last I checked, Shearwater is not in the hose business.

I've been diving with transmitters for a few years now and have never had an issue with crew mishandling and damaging my transmitters (or saw or heard of issues with others I've dived with). When diving off a RIB and passing gear up from the water, I do always remind them about the transmitters. The hose certainly adds extra failure points - but it's a personal choice if that is a real concern or not.
When I bought my Perdix ai. The shop that sold it to me said the hose was from Shearwater. So cannot confirm or deny.

Glenn

For what it's worth, I also mount my AI Transmitter on a 6" HP hose to distance it from the 1st stage and valve. Never had a problem with it, just be sure to install the correct air spool.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom