United slashes airfares to BON (at least from EWR)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you are willing to book May -June there are some bargains out there (looking from NYC to places like PLS, BON, CUR, and GCM). Woodcarver I saw your fare and I think it is the same if we try to get our son out to join us from Boise on our trip to Bon. $336 Boise to Bon, you won't see that again.

Just booked a R/T to Bonaire for Aug. 29 - Sept. 6 on United from Tulsa to Bonaire for $276
That's amazing. We may try to get a couple BON trips in this year bc it is otherwise cost prohibitive compared to other islands we can go to for far less.

That's amazing. We may try to get a couple BON trips in this year bc it is otherwise cost prohibitive compared to other islands we can go to for far less.
We had the same thought, but after that Sept 6 flight, the fares jump back up to normal ($600-$750). I'll definitely be keeping an eye on it. If they extend the current pricing, we'll be booking another trip soon.

American also has some great fares. RT out of little rock for.$279, never before. We are looking at last week in May

Balloon bursting here.

My guess is the Corona virus situation will still be in play for at least several months, maybe longer. Even though I would love to go warm water diving, I am holding off on making plans for now.

Let's hope these flights don't get cancelled. In many instances, there is no refund only credit. I know as I now have $2000 credit with Air Canada. No refund even though they cancelled the service to Grand Cayman.

Doctorfish, you may very well be right but right now I am already booked for Bon late May on a trip I planned 6 months ago. If it is a go, we may add the kids, if not well hopefully later in the year.

Let's hope these flights don't get cancelled. In many instances, there is no refund only credit. I know as I now have $2000 credit with Air Canada. No refund even though they cancelled the service to Grand Cayman.
United allows 1 change with no change fee. So if the island isn't open by flight time, it can be rebooked to a later date without charge.
For those that also need to book a resort or an AirBnB, be sure to look at the details as to whether you can cancel or reschedule without losing your deposit. Regular travel insurance won't cover this kind of issue.

Back
Top Bottom