So What Is Everyone Doing To Pass Time

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My church had a "virtual coffee hour" this morning via Zoom. I spent time with a number of our seniors this morning beforehand talking them through getting the app on their iPads. It was something of a cluster with everyone getting used to the controls and such, but it was good seeing everyone. We got cutoff at 40 minutes since we had the free version.

Also doing the beard thing, 2 weeks in and look like a hobo who should be outside the store with his paper bag...... Not a good look at the moment.
So when does it become a beard and not a scruffy unshaven look???

These days, my beard is a gray as an English morning in winter. :) Went rooting around in my photo archive and found this pic taken in Monterey, Calif. on a road trip in about 1979 or 1980. I'm the guy with the black beard in the middle. The other two guys are my current boat partners (although one is in a nursing home now) and both went through @Sam Miller III 18 week NAUI Advanced course with me. Can't believe I was ever that young. :)

h1GVsH.jpg

No facial hair as it prevents N95 mask fit. It’s a requirement of the hospital for people taking care of patients.

I did mine!
if you can send me your ladder diagram. I am implementing auto drains and other things and can always use some logic ideas. I am using mitsubishi fx1n PLC's with GX works as the programming software.

Curently working onthe timed on and off for the drains now.

Did my 2nd "sequestered" winter dive. 44F water. Nobody came up to me puzzled as to why I'm diving here in winter (well, Spring). Saw a flounder--I don't take my poke spear until summer because they usually aren't around. He should have stayed at home like the rest of us.

if you can send me your ladder diagram. I am implementing auto drains and other things and can always use some logic ideas. I am using mitsubishi fx1n PLC's with GX works as the programming software.

Curently working onthe timed on and off for the drains now.
Keep in mind my compressor is 1.8 cfm. Mine is on a Mitzi A series and I never got into GX Developer much so am still on Medoc. I only have one drain and I based drain time on temperature and humidity from an attic fan controller. If humidity is high I drain more often and if temperature is high I drain more often. My drain times are really short. I only have to bump the valve open to get the water out. I got 3 AB high pressure switches off Ebay and can switch the pressure shutoff to any of the 3 so I can auto shut off on various tanks. I did various things like a timer so if I walk away and it can't complete the tanks in a reasonable time it won't run all day. I put an oil pressure switch on so it will auto shutdown if pressure is lost. When it shuts down it quits feeding air to my CO sensor and to the output O2 sensor so the tanks won't bleed off if I'm not there. I think that is it. I haven't looked at the program for years now except a couple of years ago to raise the time on the "run too long" timer.

I hook up 3 tanks and look at the CO and O2 readings when I happen by. In 3 hours or so they are full.

I went diving in poor visibility this morning. One of my strobe batteries was dead. Used one strobe shooting wide angle, so I got lots of backscatter. When I was going back to the marina my starboard motor began sending an alarm. It could be one of many symptoms, so I'll be working on the motor for the next few days. :(

I went diving in poor visibility this morning. One of my strobe batteries was dead. Used one strobe shooting wide angle, so I got lots of backscatter. When I was going back to the marina my starboard motor began sending an alarm. It could be one of many symptoms, so I'll be working on the motor for the next few days. :(

What it is, is more money down the drain. Do you work in the government?

No facial hair as it prevents N95 mask fit. It’s a requirement of the hospital for people taking care of patients.
Thanks for doing what you're doing - stay safe!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom