ScubaBoard Invasion Central 2020 Roatan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I guess everyone is in the same holding pattern I find myself in. I check daily to see whether the invasion has been cancelled or not, but I would assume that even though it's less than 3 months away, it's still too far out to know what to do at this point. Our flights are booked thru American and last I checked, their website is only allowing thru April 30th to cancel without penalty.

So it's hurry up and wait for now.

I too have been checking daily. But with more and more borders closing, I still remain hopeful to make the trip. I am just glad to have Al and Felix working with us on this... Big shout out to them BTW.

I too have been checking daily. But with more and more borders closing, I still remain hopeful to make the trip. I am just glad to have Al and Felix working with us on this... Big shout out to them BTW.

Hey urbaneve71,

Ditto that last message.

However, let's not throw Dennis and Roxanne under the bus on this topic. They are right there with Al and Felix.

I still remain hopeful to make the trip.

Optimism is comforting.

The fat lady aint sung yet. Unfortunately, in some parts of the world including NYC, the curve has not been flattened. Even though we are collectively trying our best, a quick spike up and then a dramatic drop in cases may still be in the cards. How this plays out for our trip to Roatan? Dunno….

cheers,
m

I'm routing for the x-axis.

Hey urbaneve71,
Ditto that last message.

However, let's not throw Dennis and Roxanne under the bus on this topic. They are right there with Al and Felix.
m

Of course --- Dennis and Roxanne are the best. I was thanking Al and Felix from a business stand point. They could have very easily went ahead and charged the remaining balances due, but they held off, Kudos... I should have elaborated on that last post

Any official word if this is still happening or are we just playing it by ear?

ScubaBoard & Bay Adventures are in contact with the resort working on options and should be able to let everyone know very soon.
Thank you for your patience, we know this is frustrating.

Thank you for your patience, we know this is frustrating.

No worries. This is not your fault. We appreciate your efforts.

cheers,
m

Came across this today
GoFundMe Created to Support Anthony Key Resort Staff
A GoFundMe campaign has been established to help replace wages lost by Anthony Key Resort's staff during COVID-19 travel restrictions. It was set up in appreciation by a diver who, after getting stranded at Anthony Key Resort (AKR) on Roatan when Honduras closed its boarders, saw the effort the staff put in to getting him and all the other divers home safely.

Patricia Stone, another diver briefly stuck at Anthony Key Resort, said via email to PADI: "When I asked one of the upper management staff if the resort will survive, she responded that the staff will keep up the resort - cleaning, answering phones and anything else they can do - even with no paychecks, because they know it needs to be done or they will not have anything to come back to... AKR is a very special resort to so many divers. I am hopeful you or someone at PADI can help me get the word out about how AKR owners/staff bent over backwards for us and am also hoping our great community of divers can help them during this extremely difficult time."

It came from this article
COVID-19 Updates for Scuba Divers

It really is a very cool place on a very cool island. Hoping they all stay happy and well until we descend there in June (fingers crossed).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom