I finally bought a house in Cave Country! W00T!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@The Chairman since you have your 3d printer dialed in. You can print an adapter for your Ryobi batteries, and put a step down transformer on there with a cigarette plug. Obviously easier if you have cig outlets on the tractors themselves, but if you ever wanted to have that convenience, it's a cheap little project and not a bad one to have in general for 12v things.
That was my first ever print job. I converted my backpack sprayer to use the Ryobi 18V batteries. :D

Today, I set out in earnest to build a shelf for the gas cans. I had the epiphany to simply over-design this and use PT2x12s as the shelves. I needed 4 planks, so I was off to the hardware store by seven, to discovered that they don't open on Saturday until 8. Rats. I was there 45 minutes early. I didn't want to go back home, so I popped on over to Little River to see if it's going to open today. Rats #2. Still flooded. :( However, on the way out, I pulled over and got this stunning Sunset through the mist...

full?d=1585418944.jpg

Dutifully inspired, I went back to Ace, picked up the planks along with 6 PT4x4x10s so I can continue building the pump enclosure.

At home, I cut the blanks into precisely 4ft long shelves, cut 11pieces of 2x3x10" end supports, laid out the remaining 8ft plank with end supports and took it all over to the ag-shed. Assembly was mostly uveventful except... except that I hadn't noticed that the 4x4 support post I was incorporating into my design wasn't straight. No, not by even a long shot. So, I just made sure everything was level and as square as I could make it. I think it came out just fine. The tanks are already in place, and I only have to decide what else belongs on those shelves.

full?d=1585418944.jpg

I'm impressed, but
with that much gasoline in a wooden shed you need a damn good fire extinguisher protocol or at least a 75lb CO2 fire extingisher.
Can't you move that outdoors, at least 30' from buildings that can burn?
Got no idea if your homeowners insurance will cover that, but before they deny a claim, it would be a good idea to ask.
If they say no problemo, make sure to get it in writing.

Michael

I'm impressed, but
with that much gasoline in a wooden shed you need a damn good fire extinguisher protocol or at least a 75lb CO2 fire extingisher.
Can't you move that outdoors, at least 30' from buildings that can burn?
Got no idea if your homeowners insurance will cover that, but before they deny a claim, it would be a good idea to ask.
If they say no problemo, make sure to get it in writing.

Michael

you must not be from around these parts.... :p

with that much gasoline in a wooden shed
Shed might be an overstatement. :D It's a pole barn, but a right small one. If I want one place to burn, this is it. It's 75 foot away from my workshop, which is 50 away from my house. To add insult to injury, or to toss acetylene on a fire, my oxy-acetylene torches are stored about 30 feet away.

Shed might be an overstatement. :D It's a pole barn, but a right small one. If I want one place to burn, this is it. It's 75 foot away from my workshop, which is 50 away from my house. To add insult to injury, or to toss acetylene on a fire, my oxy-acetylene torches are stored about 30 feet away.

and you're in Florida not Germany. I've never heard of any restrictions on gasoline being stored inside on personal property as far as insurance goes

How about 50 lbs of gunpowder stored in the same room as the T bottle of O2? Is that frowned on? Asking for a friend.

OK, so you've already taken precautions that if it burns, whats important doesn't burn along with it.
I'm slow, but I'm slowly learning.

Michael

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom