So What Is Everyone Doing To Pass Time

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

At least using European Amazon the Bowmore small Batch single Malt whisky that I order is delivered the next day. I'f I'm feeling really brave I occasionally order a Cask strength Ardbeg Corrywracken at 57.1% which is truly a whisky of and for the gods.
I don't have to deal with state liquor stores that think the green labeled Jack Daniels is a drinkable whiskey. and don't carry any of the better boozes, No cask strength scottish Island malts, no good lowland malts, with tequila and mescal no Reserva della Familia, Hennessy cognac, or any of th really outstanding Bourbons.

Where do floridians have to drive to get 1st class boose? Around Lake City I can get Jack Daniels everywhere, Silver select is a lot harder to find, and Pappy von Winkel family reserve 20 year old is impossible to find. Is the selection in Georgia better?

Michael

I'm sorry for you, and where you worked. Here in Germany, if you got terminated, and not for cause, the courts will usually order a termination bonus of 1 months wages for each year of employment.
Hope you'll make out OK.

Michael
Well, That would make me much more careful with who I hired!

Which?

In a video meeting, I have both verbal and visual interaction. Im getting both what they're saying and their body language.

Must be nice to have your own private holodeck hooked to a fully-symmetrical petabit quantum pipe.

All I get's a window that shows some part, usually of the face, of whoever the program thinks is speaking. The others are just thumbnails. With varying amount of grain and/or lag for all.

Currently debating with myself.... the only chocolate left in the house is the Easter chocolate hidden for the kids.

Would you eat it??

Full disclosure I do have cocoa so I could bake some brownies... but man the work required to do that...

I don't know about you, but I'm always logged in. Whether I'm interacting or working independently. What I was talking about is the difference between direct interaction via videolink (which, for me at least, is more intense than IRL meetings) and interacting IRL.

Realizing that I have a desktop with two screens, an echo show, my smartphone, a surface pro and my laptop from work all running on my desk right now.

Currently debating with myself.... the only chocolate left in the house is the Easter chocolate hidden for the kids.

Would you eat it??

Full disclosure I do have cocoa so I could bake some brownies... but man the work required to do that...

Dire times indeed. Bake the brownies but forewarn the children....Mr Easter Bunny may get laid off and consequently his chocolate bunny cousins may not make it out of the factory this year.

At least using European Amazon the Bowmore small Batch single Malt whisky that I order is delivered the next day. I'f I'm feeling really brave I occasionally order a Cask strength Ardbeg Corrywracken at 57.1% which is truly a whisky of and for the gods.
I don't have to deal with state liquor stores that think the green labeled Jack Daniels is a drinkable whiskey. and don't carry any of the better boozes, No cask strength scottish Island malts, no good lowland malts, with tequila and mescal no Reserva della Familia, Hennessy cognac, or any of th really outstanding Bourbons.

Where do floridians have to drive to get 1st class boose? Around Lake City I can get Jack Daniels everywhere, Silver select is a lot harder to find, and Pappy von Winkel family reserve 20 year old is impossible to find. Is the selection in Georgia better?

Michael

Go to Market Square Liquors, in Tallahassee. Talk to the owner or the manager. They won’t necessarily have the best stuff out on a shelf.

I left grad school in Seattle and flew to visit my parents in Chicago on March 6. Even though I probably had coronavirus in the unrecognized wave in January, I immediately went into quarantine. Aside from everyone else, my MIL is a cancer survivor with a secondary autoimmune disease in poor health and we needed to create a bubble around her. I was within sight of my freedom on Day 13 when Illinois went into statewide lockdown. My doctor-mother is now treating COVID-19 patients who need dialysis subsequent to multiple organ failure. Having completed my 14 days, I moved in with my in-laws so that I can actually spend some time with Mr. Rosa.

My fatal error: I flew home instead of driving. My car and all the scuba gear in it are in Washington state, so it's going to be a while before I get in the water again.

I've been doing a lot of sitting inside reading. I'm working on exam prep for the Certified Associate in Project Management and plan to hit up the Information Governance Professional next. I added a fifth class to my quarter starting next week and added a few summer courses so that I'll be done with grad school early.

If the world has not coughed itself to death before August, then I should be in a good position to get a job in Gainesville and move to the caves.

Letters are good. I love doing that. Have some people who write back!

I’ll have a lot more time on my hands. Just got laid off due to virus situation. Permanent, not temporary. No severance. 13.5 years at the same company.

:eek: I'm so sorry Marie13.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom