Delta has now canceled my flight

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wildbill9

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Looks like delta wont resume service till 1st of May. I know I can switch my flights but what happens if I switch and then they cancel those flights? Can. I still change with no penalty? Was looking at week of May 16th, think that's to soon? Tanks! Bill

You ask 3 questions.
1. Yes, you can switch again.
2. Penalty? Depends on Delta. Probably, if THEY cancel and not you.
3. Hey, it's after Easter. If you believe that makes a difference, then good luck.......

If they canceled on you, just take the refund for now. Otherwise, you would have only qualified for a voucher. Don't reschedule unless you have to. Wait and see how things go and then book when you need to later. My guess is May 16 will be too soon from a flight schedule, travel restriction/ban, and in general standpoint. I am not even holding my breath for the fall.

Looks like delta wont resume service till 1st of May. I know I can switch my flights but what happens if I switch and then they cancel those flights? Can. I still change with no penalty? Was looking at week of May 16th, think that's to soon? Tanks! Bill

GET THE REFUND TO YOUR CREDIT CARD

Within the sixty-day period? Dispute the charge after a reasonable time - say three days - for the credit to post.

When Airlines Refuse Refunds, There Will Be Consequences

"There are really two things at risk. The first is most obvious. The Department of Transportation says if your flight is canceled, you can get a refund. United says… nah. I expect that United is going to find itself in trouble here."

Disputing Credit Card Charges

Get the refund.

TK...

EXACTLY...

I posted somewhere a few days ago...we all discovered after the WTC buildings fell...the airlines are broke at the best of times...they operate on a 45 day line of credit based on pre-sold tickets...

When Canada 3000 went under due to airport shuttering following 9-11...they were solvent...with $25,000,000 USD in the bank...and it was still not enough to allow them to survive...

Take ANY refunds being offered by anybody...and don't transfer or re-transfer funds to anyone for the foreseeable future ...and forget all about ''dive trips'' anywhere...likely for the remainder of 2020...if you wait until these companies...large and small ''dissolve forever''...you will have waited too long to get a refund...or even a credit voucher...

Some of you are driving yourself...and likely all those around you nuts...thinking you're going to be diving any time soon...

W.M...

Thanks and agree. Delta has to refund when they cancel.

Well, from a somewhat different perspective...Sure, get the refund if they offer. Can't go wrong with that. If a refund isn't offered, then reschedule to a date that works for you. If flights haven't resumed, then you'll probably be offered the same options again. Delta isn't going out of business anytime soon. As far as forgetting about dive trips anywhere, that's an opinion. Nobody knows. I probably wouldn't make new plans anywhere that would require a considerable outlay of funds, but I certainly wouldn't rush to cancel anything already scheduled. I prefer a wait and see approach as we are in relatively uncharted waters, so to speak. I tend to remain optimistic with a bent toward conservatism. Moderation in all things. All (absolutely ALL) IMHO, YMMV. Good luck, stay safe, & healthy. :)

but I certainly wouldn't rush to cancel anything already scheduled. I prefer a wait and see approach as we are in relatively uncharted waters, so to speak.

I agree with this. This applies to many aspects of travel. There's no advantage to canceling now unless you have payments due and you want to cut your losses now and feel the odds are against you. If you wait, things might change in your favor. If they do, great. If they don't or they likely won't, see if the op or supplier cancels on you or requires a change- you have more leverage with getting refunds that way, or at the very least, a reschedule because they are requiring it and not because you are asking for it.

With the uncertainty in the economy right now, if this goes on for long enough, almost everyone will be affected in some way or another. Hopefully, we each don't lose our jobs but that is a possibility. We just don't know. If there is someone willing to give you a refund at this point, take it and run. That's what I would do. :)

Well I was not notified they cancelled just saw on their web page they had no flights listed, does that make a difference?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom