may socorro trip?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

blangston

New
Reaction score
Hey guys, trying to get some answers on how people have been going about with their current and upcoming dive trips? We have a socorro trip planned for may 7-16 and have not heard back from RDM on how they are moving forward with everything. refunds, vouchers, or boat still departing as normal. Can anyone provide any insight as to what has happened with your trips or upcoming april/may trips? Thank you.

I am sorry , but I honestly cannot see this trip going ahead. Would you want to be on a boat in a very remote area in the current situation ? I am not sure that I would. Everybody is so litigation conscious that I could see the boat going right back to base if even one person gets sick on it. I know the cost of these trips and I truly honestly hope that I am wrong about this and that you go, but be realistic.

My understanding - through Nautilus Liveaboards who have suspended their operations - is that Socorro (all the islands, not just Socorro proper) has been closed by the Mexican government. No idea when it will re-open.

My understanding - through Nautilus Liveaboards who have suspended their operations - is that Socorro (all the islands, not just Socorro proper) has been closed by the Mexican government. No idea when it will re-open.
I saw the message on the Nautilus website also. I tried to find additional information on the closure of the Revillagigedo Archipelago National Park, but could not find any yesterday.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom