Flex Seal glue trilam drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rob, I know I didn't answer the question because I don't feel that I have enough knowledge with patching drysuits. In my case I was patching the inside of a trilam suit. I cleaned the area with MEK (methyl ethyl ketone) applied a couple coats of the contact cement to the suit and a few coats to the patch. The contact cement/patch stays flexible but the cement dries an ugly yellow/brown. I'll try to find a link to a video.

I understand, was just looking for your experience so far. Thanks for the post and the video.

I pinched my waterproof ex2. There was no hole. It resulted in a weeping area by the waist. After an hour dive, my insulation would be wet, but not saturated.

The leaking area could not be detected by inflating the drysuit and doing a bubble check. I think that only works for holes, not weeping. I finally located the exact area by inverting the wetsuit and filling it with water.

the weeping area was successfully sealed by covering the area around the weeping material with a layer of aquaseal. It seems durable and is no longer leaking. Since I have no reason to remove the aquaseal, using aquaseal should not be an issue versus a removable sealant.

Watching tv and a Flex Seal commercial came on. Got me curious, has anyone tried using Flex Seal glue to apply a neck seal to a trilam suit, or for any other repair?

boat

Watch this before spending money. I really like this guy. Not dry suit related but good information regardless.

Watch this before spending money. I really like this guy. Not dry suit related but good information regardless.

From my limited experience so far I don't see why a thin coat of aquaseal / mek 50/50 wouldn't work. Stuff is almost the consistency of water. Fairly cheap as well. I would tape il n a circle around the area to kee it confined to that area.

I've only used this on my drysuit gloves, but I don't see why it wouldn't work. The number of ayer depends on the material.

I ripped a hole in the right knee of my Hollis Neotek Semidry and used a combination of neoprene patch on the interior of the knee. Then large circle of Goop Plumbing Sealant and after that dried sprayed on Black FlexSeal over the exterior knee pad. Works great. It’s tougher now than before.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom