Covid-19 and Cayman travel...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Any Americans should note that the White House is saying comeback now. When our airport reopens, theirs may be closed.

We’re sticking it out here until the end of April at least. I can think of many worse places to be stranded. Our kids in NYC and Seattle are essentially sheltering in place. At least we can walk the beach or go snorkeling or shore diving while maintaining our “social distance.”

Stay healthy, my friends.

I know how you feel. The kid in NY and family in US and UK are our main worries.
Likewise. Our plan was to go home first week of May. Having just come off having the bad/cold/flu bug circulating the island, didn't feel my immune system was up for the airport/ travel challenge. Due to our ages, we are all ready considered to be in the higher risk category.Therefore we also have decided to stay, and will have to deal with potential issues should they arise down the road. Right now, family and friends, here and in the states, feel we have made the right decision.

Ah crap! Government just declared a shutdown of all non-essential businesses for 10 days at least. While I consider diving pretty essential, the government does not. Can't even rent a tank to sneak in a shore dive. We'll be snorkeling for the time being unless/until they close the beaches.

It was inevitable but finally contacted Compass Point to cancel my trip. Took them about 30 minutes from email to cancellation and refund. They are at the top of my list when we are able to travel again.

Yeah, unfortunately I had to do the same yesterday as I don't see this normalizing any time soon. I will be sure to book as soon as it does.
Didn't get my refund as quick as your place did, but as long as I get it I'm all good. This must be a very difficult time for them.

Ah crap! Government just declared a shutdown of all non-essential businesses for 10 days at least. While I consider diving pretty essential, the government does not. Can't even rent a tank to sneak in a shore dive. We'll be snorkeling for the time being unless/until they close the beaches.

Remember that is to be Solo snorkeling:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom