Has the COVID-19 situation changed your gear purchasing habits?

Has COVID-19 changed the likelyhood you'll purchase gear right now?

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Same as the others.. I don't need anything therefore it hasn't changed my gear purchasing "habits". I guess I won't be buying nitrox anytime soon since diving is off limits.

With european currencies taking a dip in the past month I've been thinking of buying some Xdeep kit.

Need has never been much of a motivator, if I need something I buy it but often I’ll buy it if I don’t “need” it.

If you have an income this will be a good time to buy things that you may need in the future after the plague depression.

Thinking of a drysuit? This morning the USD UK pound is running between $1.15 and $1.18 a great time to order from Seaskin, they have already great prices on seals and other parts too, I’m looking toward the future hoping I’ll get to dive again sometime.

I was thinking of purchasing some 55 gallon drums and filling them with gasoline while its cheap. Unfortunately I don't think it lasts all that long even with stabil.

You know, I am actually passively looking for a used sealife dc2000. I only want to spend around 50% of MSRP though.

Can't vote. My buying habits haven't changed but other than air and needed visuals, etc. I tend to never spend anything unless something breaks or is lost (like my weight pocket last year). As mentioned elsewhere, am mostly of Scottish ancestry....You can stereotype a people if you're one of them-- for some reason.

Added an option for those divers that don't have a unquenchable desire to own, even if only for a moment, every piece of new to them gear they see while they have either money in the bank or available credit on a card... :wink:

I was thinking of purchasing some 55 gallon drums and filling them with gasoline while its cheap. Unfortunately I don't think it lasts all that long even with stabil.

You know, I am actually passively looking for a used sealife dc2000. I only want to spend around 50% of MSRP though.

You've coined a new term...

"Passive shopping"

I like it.

That's a very accurate and descriptive term for what I find myself doing.

No change, still sticking away $$$ for a rebreather.

Somewhat surprised that no one has yet cast a vote condemning used gear as potentially contaminated...

Have about all that I need at the moment but I am trying to make sure service on tanks and regs are up to date and just examining other gear for worn parts, etc.

Have what I need for the moment. But, I have been looking to get a new wetsuit, which COVID did put on hold, as I was wanting to check out a Henderson Thermaxx that are in-store only. The closest shop that has them is 1.5 hrs away and would probably have to order my size anyways. That plus i'm basically restricted to a 20 mile radius by work.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom