The New Dive Rite Optima CM - My 30 Hour Review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How do you use a drysuit inflation button if you have a rebreather strapped on your chest?

How do you use a drysuit inflation button if you have a rebreather strapped on your chest?

Reach inside. It's not a problem.

I have a hard time figuring how this would work out with scitec dry gloves for instance. It would mean pushing the lungs a good 5+ inch from the chest. Interesting chipmunk cheeks sensations to be expected, I presume. Not something that could be done with one hand either on the way down holding a shot line in strong current... But I guess the unit is tailored for special use cases?

I have a hard time figuring how this would work out with scitec dry gloves for instance. It would mean pushing the lungs a good 5+ inch from the chest. Interesting chipmunk cheeks sensations to be expected, I presume. Not something that could be done with one hand either on the way down holding a shot line in strong current... But I guess the unit is tailored for special use cases?

I assume it's similar to the triton, in the sense the inflator is pretty accessible.

Attachments

• rebreather-triton-t_9cbe597f4965fce9d99c910c71e059ab.jpg
    rebreather-triton-t_9cbe597f4965fce9d99c910c71e059ab.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 509
Woah, interesting move from Dive Rite!

I have a Castoro / OMG C96 which is like a Lar V, it's kinda strange. But oh so compact.

How is flood resistance on the Dive Rite? The C96 would flood pretty much immediately if mouthpiece was yoinked out.

Easy to recover. There's a purge on the right side.

I got to dive with Lamar last year while he was still testing this unit and played with it for a bit on dryland, Ill be excited to get mine later this year hopefully, currently my main breather is my backmount optima and I love love love it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom