Cozumel in September or October ??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My last trip was mid-late October (we left literally right before Day of the Dead unfortunately) and the weather was great - we had a couple storms (including a gorgeous thunderstorm one night), the water was warm and the diving was fabulous. The currents were unusually strong at a few sites but it all worked out - the only real drawbacks were jellyfish (lots of them, but not dangerous ones) and some of the resorts had limited menus for the low season - not really a huge deal thanks to the plethora of amazing places to eat, but if you have a love of some specific resort's dinner menu, you may want to take that into consideration.

The previous trip was in March or April (I don't remember exactly which) over spring break, which definitely brought a fun, party atmosphere out and the island was much busier.

end of Oct first week of november. was just there Oct 26 -Nov 5. Day temps 80-85 nights 75, humidity very much lower than Sept. Water temps 80-82. been going in those weeks for 20 years, 1 tropical storm and maybe a max of 5-6 port closures days over that span. Also keep in mind end of Feb before spring break, same kind of weather but more port closures possible due to north winds.

I’v been in November, the weather and diving was perfect.

Back
Top Bottom