Blue XT~Sea and COVID-19

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, I am booked on two flights...one leaving from Cancun late this evening and one leaving Cozumel Monday. Plan A and Plan B respectively. I would prefer Plan B since it exposes me to fewer people but Plan A gets me there sooner in case of border lock downs.
Safe travels, Marg.

Just got a notification from Air Canada that the Monday flight out of Cozumel is cancelled. So it is tonight from Cancun or we don't go at all. So far, ferries are still running on a reduced schedule. Will probably try and get a cab from Playa instead of bus...assuming there are any. Almost no traffic on my street here in Coz.

Safe travels. Can't tell you much about Sask but here in Ottawa businesses of all kinds are shutting down for now. It's a very strange new world where drug store & grocery store workers need to be acknowledged for their service BIG TIME.

Marg made it to Calgary and is now on a flight from there to home.

Dear valued Scubaboard members,

Effective immediately, I have made the decision to suspend operations until March 31, and will re-evaluate at that time. I must think of the bigger picture and the well-being of my staff and their families as well as the island residents.

Each of my staff members have high-risk family members and I do not want to chance unnecessary exposure. As excellent as the medical care in Cozumel is, the island simply does not have enough resources when the outbreak occurs, and I believe it will considering all of the cruise ships and air travel that has been coming in. All resources that are available will be needed for our elderly and immunocompromised.

We will be happy to take you diving at a later date when this blows over or in the meantime can help you get set up with another operations. All of our divers with reservations for the next 2 weeks have been notified.

Thank you for your understanding and patience during this time. Please stay well, stay home and wash your hands - this too shall pass.

With love and respect,
Christi
Blue XT~Sea Diving
Tough decision, but a wise one. The best!

Christi made a good decision. The situation worldwide worsened as time has gone on and now the entire island will be closed to boating and all water activities after tomorrow until further notice by order of the port commander.

Kudos to you Christi. We hope to visit the island late this year assuming travel becomes safe again. We'll be sure to book some time with BlueXT if we make it to Cozumel.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom