Will COZ close it’s borders?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well as of midnight last night the Canada / US border is closed to any non essential traffic. Family can visit a loved one on the other side for medical situations etc & commerce will still flow plus Canadian's can still return home to Canada, US citizens to the US but in general there are very few flights between us. Very few people want to fly anywhere at the moment including here in Canada to other parts of the country. Last night they announced that the Chateau Laurier is closing today or tomorrow & it's a very famous hotel & heritage site next door to Parliament Hill.
That's a big shock but it sounds like a lot more local hotels will be doing the same because they have very few guests.

Fairmont Château Laurier - Luxury Hotel in Ottawa - Fairmont, Hotels & Resorts

I would think the USA would allow them through, as pass throughs. Provided they do not have a half dozen / houdourians /chinese / Iranians in the trunk.
Hopefully. Some Canadians posting at On the Road in Mexico said they were told by border officials that Canadians wanting to drive back home weren't considered essential travel.

It is official. The harbor is closed after Monday until further notice. There will be no legal diving in Cozumel. I am on my way to the airport.

The CZM flights out today are almost full, tomorrow about 40% then rapidly emptying out by Monday.

Gary is that outbound from Cozumel? Wouldn't think it's flights to there.

Whom ever is traveling to get home I wish you luck and safety! Make sure you have snacks, water and tequila!

Hopefully. Some Canadians posting at On the Road in Mexico said they were told by border officials that Canadians wanting to drive back home weren't considered essential travel.
I see BC plates on pickups with trailers heading to the border here. If they were being turned around I think I'd know it.

Boarding a southwest flight right now. 110 of 140 seats are occupied.

eta
There were two passengers on the flight down, both returning residents.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom