Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

allpointswest

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Good day.

I am in the market for a new Can light. The old 21 watt hid Salvo light finally died. With my research I came across a brand out of Poland Ammonite system with their Umbilical-light heads. They look like they have been around for many years now and have a compelling range of products. These range from backup lights to full Canister lighting "systems" along with a few external battery options. The lights look well built and I like a few of the features they have like the Nautilus light which works similar to the Halcyon Focus and Light Monkey VR. Both of these are great lights along with anything from Big Blue, UWLD, Dive Right, and EXT.. The list can go on.

I am interested in finding out if anyone has any direct experience with their lights be that the Nautilus or the Solaris next gen light heads, batteries, and or customer service.

Thank you in advance.

I recently purchased one of their high end models, brand new and from their authorized retailer, battery pack came with full of scratches and clamp marks on it.

Authorized retailer blamed manufacturer, manufacturer don’t even bother to reply mails. I strongly advise don’t buy their products without physically seeing it.

AD11C97E-82A2-4513-AF56-82C1B4B0959B.jpeg
89C7B138-DB12-431F-A14F-AD57890B2961.jpeg
F5E7379E-56E1-40E6-8079-D83DB5DF9C5B.jpeg
8E9B4E20-78FE-4DE3-B877-51E206CAC4E1.jpeg
0E995D43-7E78-453D-8909-0541A8357F8F.jpeg
CFE8D60A-8035-4266-9F4F-E5BC148DE71F.jpeg

Almost looks like you got some "return" that's been used. Did you buy it from the reseller? If so then return it for a new one?

My experience with Ammonite is very good. Their backup torches (LED1, LED2) are brilliant and have been on my kit for years and work every time I've tested them.

Their larger kit is also good quality -- your poor experience aside -- and has a good reputation with those who've used it (in my experience). If I were in the market for another umbilical or heater battery, their kit would be on my list.

Almost looks like you got some "return" that's been used. Did you buy it from the reseller? If so then return it for a new one?

My experience with Ammonite is very good. Their backup torches (LED1, LED2) are brilliant and have been on my kit for years and work every time I've tested them.

Their larger kit is also good quality -- your poor experience aside -- and has a good reputation with those who've used it (in my experience). If I were in the market for another umbilical or heater battery, their kit would be on my list.
No it is brand new item that i have bought it from authorized retailer called shop4divers.eu from Poland, they first blamed the manufacturer then blamed me and told me I did it even I have sent them an email about condition of the canister after minutes of tracked delivery.

Now seller as well as the manufacturer playing three monkeys.

Long story short such a bad experience and waste of time.

A horrible experience from shop4divers.eu -- one for all of us to be wary of.

A horrible experience from shop4divers.eu -- one for all of us to be wary of.

I just got a reply from Ammonite and they literally saying they are not a part of the issue and throw ball back to retailer. Such a shame.

Can understand this as, certainly with UK law, it's the retailer who's fully responsible for the sale.

It really does look like they've sent you a second hand one.

Can understand this as, certainly with UK law, it's the retailer who's fully responsible for the sale.

It really does look like they've sent you a second hand one.

The problem is, retailer claims they have requested and obtained product from manufacturer upon my order and allegedly shipped to me “without checking” what is in it and what was the condition of item.

Then manufacturer claims they have strict quality control but I am, as an end consumer ended up buying this product as a brand new but received god knows what used, demo, returned or refurbished product.

Also need to mention when I requested make a payment with PayPal retailer didn’t accept that sent me link of payment within another platform. That was my mistake to accepting that.

There's little doubt that the reseller's in the wrong here. I didn't check it, no excuse.

You bought a new one (I'm assuming). They sent a used or damaged one (looks as if it's been used a few times). End of discussion. How they came about sending one in that condition is solely their problem.

You need to send it back to them and claim a refund.

If you're in the EU, you can send it back within the cooling off period.

Back
Top Bottom