Does anyone know if companies will extend warranties if equipment can't get inspected

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sdwho

Contributor
Reaction score
due to restrictions on travel/shelter in place orders?

Our regulator and BCD warranties are contingent on timely inspection.

If the IRS is giving us until 15 July to pay the piper, I am sure that a dive manufacturer will cut you some slack about adherence to warranty service . . .

Contrary to what our optimistic friend asserted in the post above, there is no connection between what the US Government has done to ease the burden of taxpayers and what a private company might do in terms of an expired warranty.

During this time of crisis many companies are doing things to help their customers but let's be honest- they do it because they are promoting customer service and hope to build loyalty by being responsive during a crisis- they're doing it because they're thinking of the long term big picture.

Other companies such as a particular live-aboard dive operator mentioned several times on this forum, have done nothing more than give a 40% discount on a future trip while keeping every dime that was spent by hopeful divers for a trip that will never happen, due to a reason way beyond their control.

I just got a full refund of a vacation home rental payment, within 4 hours of my cancelation request, with no questions asked. I think one reason is because the host is a property management company rather than an individual. I've read that the large vacation home rental sites are threatening to ban homeowners who refuse to return deposits to vacationers who cannot make their trip due to the current crisis.

Less business-minded individuals (or companies) tend to think of what's in their pockets, the more savvy companies think about making it right so the customers will spread the word to others, and come back when they need the service again.

Contrary to what our optimistic friend asserted in the post above, there is no connection between what the US Government has done to ease the burden of taxpayers and what a private company might do in terms of an expired warranty.

I don't give a flying fig about what any company's public relations motive may be; and I wasn't suggesting, for a moment, that there was some equivalency between the two; but these times are, well, unique; and a couple of large companies for whom I do some warranty work, have told me that that continued support would still be in place, even if delayed, in view of the many recent store closures and a consequent lack of service. "Consider it a time of war," even suggested one . . .

Generally warranties are for parts and parts is cheap. (Think 50c worth of o-rings. So free parts for life is like a roll of quarters refund on a $300+ purchase. Gotta love those reg manufacturers.:wink:

due to restrictions on travel/shelter in place orders?

Our regulator and BCD warranties are contingent on timely inspection.

The answer is always no, if you don't ask the question.

Contact them.

Any fault reported in the warranty period should be covered including after it expires.

Generally warranties are for parts and parts is cheap. (Think 50c worth of o-rings. So free parts for life is like a roll of quarters refund on a $300+ purchase. Gotta love those reg manufacturers.:wink:
The parts may be cheap, but they will still charge you a lot for them.

Nowadays, the warranties are generally associated with manufacturer's defects of hardware and not necessarily the "consumables," such as o-rings; seats, and the like . . .

Back
Top Bottom