Deep 6 Signature Regulator problem after 2 months

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

All but 2 were fresh water. I rinsed them and dove within 4 days in freshwater for a dive. DIN on HP steel tanks.

I received the 1st stage and 2 second stages serviced back today.

Here are pictures of the used parts for the first stage. Not sure what they are exactly but it looks like the gray piece took a set compared with a new one. Maybe I'll take the next service class to have an idea of what to look for and how to make it last longer between servicing.

Attachments

• IMG_2520.jpg
    IMG_2520.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 336
  • IMG_2519.jpg
    IMG_2519.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 373
Good, glad it all worked out as it should.

The gray piece looks pretty much like that after it's been in there for a while.

One of the little o rings looks like it may have a defect on the inside, or it may be just dust or dirt or the way the picture was taken.

The part of greatest interest is the HP seat (the part that looks like a tiny toilet plunger). Look carefully at the plastic end for any irregularities that could be the cause of ip creep.

Can you take a better picture of the HP seat for us?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200321-002823_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200321-002823_Chrome.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 288
Can you take a better picture of the HP seat for us?
Surprisingly time got away from me being under stay at home. I looked at the plunger and the only imperfection I can see is the side near the metal which looks like where it would have connected from the injection molding with a bunch of them connected together if that is how they make them. Would a small imperfection on the side affect it or just the front surface? The small o-rings have a little piece sticking out as you can see from the picture. I reached out to them to see if there was something I could do to make it last longer between services but understandably with everything going on no response. If anything this showed me why it is important to take the regulator repair class so I can better understand my equipment. Thanks for all your comments.

Attachments

• IMG_2574.jpg
    IMG_2574.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 232
  • IMG_2575.jpg
    IMG_2575.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 245
  • IMG_2576.jpg
    IMG_2576.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 233
  • IMG_2581.jpg
    IMG_2581.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 304
No, the imperfection on the side doesn't matter, all the HP seats have that. Can you take a picture of the face of the seat?

@LandonL ,your presence is requested.

Back
Top Bottom