• 70-79

Votes: 28 5.9%
  • 80-89

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • 90-99

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Can we just legalize 421? If I am going to have to stay locked in my house and read all this I would at least like to get stoned! N

1. Install tor browser
2. Set its exit nodes to .ca
3. Now you're telecommuting in Canada where stoning is legal
4. Munchies!

"Defining generations: Where Millennials end and Generation Z begins"

As someone old enough to remember the "640KB should be enough for anyone" and "2 digits for a date", I wonder: what generation's coming after Z? Will they go double-letters, or non-latin alphabets, or nonsensical phrases like the k3wl kids today do?

"Where Zis end and Generation Bionic Beaver begins"

@dmaziuk You also have to be capable of using the missing 384kb of memory on a PC. I spent hours trying to disable shadowing. Even rewrote the BIOS on an Olivetti M24. Dem was the days. I think that Quarterdeck solved that problem.

Where/when I grew up, we skipped over Altairs etc., and went straight to the clone of IBM PC stolen by Soviet Intelligence Heroes from Silicon Valley. Few years later Gorbachev opened the floodgates and it was all Taiwanese PC ATs and HiMem drivers for MS-DOS 3.30 and shiny EGA screens and all...

When I got my Jr open water card, my computer was a TI-994A. I backed up all my TI BASIC code on a cassette tape recorder.... I begged my parents for 32k of ram. It was more memory than we could possibly ever need.

Yeah, well, when I learned to dive we were using slipsticks (slide rules) in school. As I recall, Apollo 1 had just fried G,W&C on the pad.

... and we had to bang rocks to make ones and zeroes ...

Damn! For almost all of my life, I thought I was a Baby Boomer. Now I find out that being born in 1945 actually puts me in the Silent Generation. I guess I better shut up, and silently go have another adult beverage.

Oh Word is an absolute nightmare on mobile. I've tried using it when I have to be remote/on the move a lot for school or work and it's horrid. If you have a google account/gmail, Google Docs is still a pain but better optimized for typing on the go. There are several writing apps out there, the main issue is you have to make sure they'll export and import the proper file types.

Wow thanks for the tip!

Back
Top Bottom