Will COZ close it’s borders?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

... We are leaving on Saturday. We have been very careful while here. I intended to stay until May. I have zero confidence that I would be able to leave by then due to flights being unavailable.
While United has suspended flights to CZM, they are still flying to CUN, so there's alway the bag drag. One should be able to get to most places from CUN, even if just to a city on the US border. Even countries with closed borders are allowing citizens to return, although there could be quarantine requirements.

What area are you staying in? What are you seeing in terms of changes in local activity / business / commerce?
Second day without cruise ships here.
Dive reports?
Stay openminded and remember that love based decisions are always wiser than fear based decisions.
AMEN!

BREAKING NEWS

"The State Department is set to announce a Level 4 travel advisory applying to all international travel, its most severe warning, three individuals with knowledge of the pending announcement said.

The advisory would instruct all Americans abroad to either return to the United States or prepare to shelter in place, given the global threat of the coronavirus outbreak. Americans also would be instructed not to travel abroad."

State Department to tell Americans don't travel abroad, come home if overseas

American is still running a full schedule from DFW to CZM and CUN. They are still on the board thru early April. Not sure how long this will last will last though, the DFW terminal is a ghost town. There were twenty some passengers on the 10:55 to CUN on a plane with 181seats

When I cancelled my flights for my 01-08 April Cozumel trip, I received a full credit for a future flight. I was fine with a credit as I expect to fly again once this runs its course. This article suggest waiting if you'd prefer the chance at a refund: Coronavirus travel: Don't cancel flights immediately. Here's why

Something to consider if you believe it worth it.

US-Mexico border restrictions expected as coronavirus spreads, report says

• The United States is expected to announce restrictions on travel passing across the border with Mexico as part of the effort to stem the tide of the coronavirus pandemic, according to a new report.
  • The restrictions are expected to be revealed Thursday, Reuters reported, citing two officials familiar with the matter.

We were really holding out that this wouldn’t happen. Just had to cancel our trip Mar 21-27. Oh well.

The daily pace has definitely slowed!
Several shops,restaurants and clubs are closed. Several restaurants are offering carry out only and service hours have been shortened.
Ferry schedule has been changed and there were way fewer people coming and going from Playa.
Being in Centro we don’t see as many dive boats but the city pier is really quite.
Note the Aqua Safari pier is still closed.
We’ve changed our flight to Sunday and now going out of Cancun.

Looks like MX boarder will be closed to tourism, recreational travel. In agreement with MX government. Limit all non essential travel. In effect this Sat.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom