Cancelled/postponed trips due to COVID - please share your outcomes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@Ministryofgiraffes

Scubaboard Coronavirus Travel COVID Policies for Refunds/Reschedules - updated Mar 18 2020

I've started something. I hope to be able to include everyone's experience but if someone's experience is a duplicate, I will just add usernames listed under the "shared by" column. If there are any suggestions to make this better, please let me know! I've turned off edit rights to avoid accidental changes. You should still be able to filter by clicking "Data"-->"Filter VIews" and then starting or using a new filter view. I will try to update it as best I can but if someone wants to help out, let me know.

this is great. i will specifically target the operations who are being reasonable for my future trips. personally i think offer to reschedule is a fair compromise. Noone wants these operations to go out of business for sure and as a business owner i sympathize.. if you actually can't get there..i would be happy with a reschedule but would not expect a refund. Especially if the restrictions were lifted but if I just 'didn't want to go' or argued that i didn't feel safe because i am over 55 etc .. That would be my choice and i wouldn't expect a refund.

Had a liveaboard scheduled to Socorro for March 24-April 3. I purchased the trip through Inland divers, airfare through American airlines and trip insurance with liveaboard rider through Diveassure. I was informed yesterday that the trip was cancelled. Inland Divers was great on communication and informing us about the situation.
Aggressor said no refunds, but offered a voucher for the same trip for up to 1 year from the original trip date.
Inland Divers offered a cash refund if I wasn't interested in waiting for the rescheduled trip.
Diveassure cancelled the trip insurance and offered credit to apply to the rescheduled trip.
American airlines waived all fees and cancelled the flight with full refund.

Out of pocket $0 and overall happy with how I was accomodated by all involved. Would be willing to book another trip or service with all parties involved. Now to figure out when we will be able to reschedule.

St James Club in Antigua was able to postpone our trip from 3/22-2/27 to 12/14-12/18! We had booked the whole thing, including Air Canada flights through them and they offered to get on the phone with Air Canada and haggle for our flights themselves, which we took them up on immediately.

Really responsive and understanding overall!

the mantas are going to be wondering 'where the hell d'everybody go?'
Unfortunately, no tourists/divers may have terrible consequences for the mantas and sharks. Hopefully the locals who need to survive don't return to old ways.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom