New to site & working on master diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I’ve completed the nitrox and deep diver courses. Didn’t get much out of the latter since I already have a fair amount of 130 FSW dives logged. Looking at the dry suit, equipment specialty and emergency O2 courses at this time to finish up the MSD certificate.

Welcome to the Board! Staying just on the recreational side, self reliant is a pretty good course for teaching advanced dive planning and contingency planning. Even if you never plan on solo diving, it’s a good class. Sidemount is another one, and you can do both together. Even if you don’t plan on doing a lot of technical stuff, Tec 40 or a Intro Tec class can really hone your skills and dive planning, and give you confidence to handle in water emergencies.

Thanks for the welcomes and advice. Got back from Roatan a couple of weeks ago and did the PADI wreck and digital underwater photography courses so need only one more specialty course for the MSD. Learned much from the two courses but the photography course gave the best bank for the buck. The photography instructor is a DM and a pro photographer. She really knew her stuff about tweaking white balance settings for the light/depth conditions.

52D7A2CA-5EEA-4906-81B8-D063ADED7118.jpeg
Currently in Phuket Thailand and found an instructor who taught the PADI self-reliant specialty course through Local Dive Thailand over on the east side of the island. Got the course done yesterday and learned how to mount/use a pony bottle on my BC and calculate air usage (SAC), among other things. Overall a most beneficial course given the lobster hunts I do in the Florida keys during the mini season.

Welcome Phil.

Do you dive locally? I make fairly regular trips to Beaver Lake. Let me know if you would like to meet up sometime.

DW

View attachment 574697 Currently in Phuket Thailand and found an instructor who taught the PADI self-reliant specialty course through Local Dive Thailand over on the east side of the island. Got the course done yesterday and learned how to mount/use a pony bottle on my BC and calculate air usage (SAC), among other things. Overall a most beneficial course given the lobster hunts I do in the Florida keys during the mini season.

You aren't trying to get home?

Going to ride it out?

Things are mostly business as usual here. Bars and nightclubs over at Patong Beach are reportedly closed now but that’s not my scene anyway. Flight home via Doha on 26 March is still scheduled, so
hopefully no travel issues back to the US.

Pardon me, sir. Is that an inflator hose or are you just happy to see me?

Back
Top Bottom