Covid-19 Travel Restrictions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@BRT better they don't have any...………...am I understanding you correct - you want people on fixed incomes (I.E. senior citizens) and low incomes to go without??????????? how is that even remotely right? WOW! Maybe you need to rethink your statements before you post because you are digging a deeper hole each time.

Rationing would be a better option then making someone go without because they cannot afford it due to price gouging
Yes, I know you would like rationing. But right now some can't buy any at any price. Better $2 a roll and have it than $1 a roll and none available. Your idea of an ideal government is different than mine. I don't need to rethink my statements. I am being very clear on what works best to distribute by need.

we had a group in roatan. they closed the hotel and everyone had to leave. heard they came back through montreal and will be home tonight. i assume all will follow the recommendations about self isolation form the next couple of weeks.

The only problem with that..... I have already had 2 deliveries of groceries canceled now. Getting stuff delivered is turning out to be a problem. And as of either yesterday or Saturday, Walmart has stopped doing grocery deliveries and pick-up services. (here in Providence)
Yup getting to be harder and harder. In Austin Texas recently soonest available delivery date was 11 days out.

You are correct -- there has been a mad rush on toilet paper or some silly reason
When you can't control anything in your life you do something you have control over.

And that's why there isn't any toilet paper or water anywhere in the stores in the US.

@BRT so if just some can't buy at any price you want to raise prices so even more people can't buy either. sounds like same ole same ole --- only the rich are to survive because the can afford too? Making things completely unattainable for people is not the way to go. and for the future there is no ideal government (that is an oxymoron)….but I firmly believe that everyone should be able to access to goods needed to sustain life.

I am truly saddened (but not that surprised) by the number of people I see commenting here on FB etc. about how silly this all is. They brag about what good deals they can get on travel now.

Well at least there is a little bit of a silver lining. Once all the globe trotters help spread Covid-19 around it will fade. It's that or a vaccine...

The only problem is how many more people will get infected and/or die. Hope it's not grandma or grandpa.

agreed @martincohn -- I don't people are really realizing the severity of this. Not so much the virus per-se, but the impact that it is having worldwide.

(I still don't understand the rush of TP though)

we had a group in roatan. they closed the hotel and everyone had to leave. heard they came back through montreal and will be home tonight. i assume all will follow the recommendations about self isolation form the next couple of weeks.

I am now wondering about my upcoming trip to Roatan. As of either yesterday or the other day Honduras has closed it's borders for 2 weeks at the least

San Francisco Bay Area in California is on Day 1 of 21 of a legal order to "shelter in place" which is nicer semantics for "lockdown lite". If you do it is supposedly a misdemeanor punishable by fine and/or imprisonment. We are not to exit your home except for necessities (health services, gas, money, groceries, some outdoor activity, etc.) as indicated here. So, we can't go anywhere..everything non-essential is closed. No travel. Also, not sure if it has been shared on this page yet, but Singapore also added 14 day quarantine requirements for anyone traveling from ASEAN countries, Japan, Switzerland, and UK. Everyone is subject to this, including permanent residents/citizens of Singapore. This is in addition to the previous restrictions set for China, France, Germany, Italy, Iran, Spain, Spain, South Korea.

Many countries are closing borders to anyone but citizens and permanent residents and/or are requiring 14 day home quarantines, even if a citizen or permanent resident.

Is the quarantine in the same area as for animals? I like dogs, even those as difficult as people.

Back
Top Bottom