Covid-19 and Cayman travel...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Our April trip is almost certainly not going to happen but if we and they can just hold on we plan to reschedule for July. So not canceled. Just delayed a little. :heart:

Sorry to hear that, but good to see you're "keeping a stiff upper lip. " :flowers:

We have several trips planned for this year and we'll take them one at a time based on the situation when the time arrives. Any big trips are backed with travel insurance that basically gets triggered upon cessation of flights/transportation to the locale. For smaller trips we really don't have much invested other than flights though there are folks on the ground I would hate to leave in the lurch, but I'm confident we'll be able to work something out :). So we live life, muddle through, and try to stay safe (and sane:shocked:). Hope everyone here does the same. Cheers :cheers: (but not in the local pub:cool:).

CaymanManUnderwater.jpg

Was staying for 2 weeks at Morritt's Tortuga Club, through our timeshare, at end of April. Will likely wait for airline to cancel flight and/or Morritt's to say they are closed before calling RCI to see about getting points and transaction fee back and Allianz to get a refund on trip insurance. Hope the process goes as smooth as when we had everything refunded from trip to St. Maarten that was cancelled due to Hurricane Irma.

As St. Maarten (and other islands) has recovered, and are still recovering, I hope everyone comes out of this current situation alright.

One of the dive shops I go with regularly is closing down tomorrow for 30 days. Another is finishing up their schedule this week (I snagged a spot) before closing. A third I dove with yesterday essentially laid off all their DMs after that dive. Looks like it’s going to be shore diving only for the time being assuming we can still rent tanks. Meanwhile if you dive here this week, tip big. The DMs can use it.

We haven't advertised this before on SB, but hubby and I own a beachfront condo for rent on Brac. When travel resumes, if you are interested, please PM me for post-virus travel discounts!
Until then, stay safe and be Caymankind.

Looks like RSS is on the list. Was just at Lobster Pot. Lots of goodbyes and good luck happening. The number of boats being pulled around on trailers is as if a big storm is coming. We like the others cannot chance leaving the boat in the water if a storm comes and we have no crew to move it. Recovery will depend a lot on how bad things get in the States. We hear on world news channels that the numbers are skewed so if a sick a person is not tested, their illness (or worse) does not get counted.

We usually head back to the States at the end of April, but we're thinking about staying here until things calm down in the US - and given the capabilities of the current administration that probably means sometime in 2021. We feel quite safe here. Unfortunately the Cayman economy also depends on the current US administration's handling of this crisis.

Meanwhile if anyone is planning to come down after the travel ban, I'm guessing you can get a pretty good deal on a condo in our building. And assuming Red Sail is back in operation, I'll take you along as a guest on their $40 KY two-tank residents' dive.

Stay healthy, everyone!

Back
Top Bottom