Is Southeast Florida diving affected by the VIRUS?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kelton

Banned
Reaction score
Hello, perhaps this thread can be useful not only for me but others who may have plans to travel to Florida from out of state in the next few months.

We're booked for diving in Southeast Florida at the end of April and we're wondering how our plans may be affected. We rented a VRBO vacation home and have not yet contacted the host to see if she's going to allow us to cancel and get back our $2200 paid in full. The stated policy for this property is no cancelations outside of 60 day and VRBO is being no help whatsoever to travelers except they have posted that they "encourage property owners to refund travelers upon request".

That much being said not only do we not want to lose our money, but we'd still like to dive, but who knows if dive operations will still be running and if there will be business closures as there are in other parts of the country and outside the country?

So if anyone in Florida or anyone planning a trip to Florida has any news or updates regarding the situation there, please post here.

Thank you.

Travel Insurance ---- Always! My intuition tells me there will be no refund.

As of this morning our course out of Pompano is still going forward. April 5-9. That means that to some degree, fills are still available and boats are still running. Might do better with smaller boats or a group of divers as I'm sure number of paid divers has decreased.

as of right now...beaches, restaurants siting areas, bars, etc. are closed....no groups larger than 10 people is recommended....

Got a message from a dive op today. They are running but with reduced numbers on the boat to allow more distance between divers.

Note this is not possible on some six packs since they are a very confined space. This is only possible on larger boats.

Got a message from a dive op today. They are running but with reduced numbers on the boat to allow more distance between divers.

Note this is not possible on some six packs since they are a very confined space. This is only possible on larger boats.
I got the same message from an operator I use frequently in Jupiter

New normal.

But seriously why would it not be affected? It’s spread everywhere. Behave like you are already infected and don’t want to spread it to others. FFS.

I got the same message from an operator I use frequently in Jupiter

Same operator

I am wondering about my NC dive operators. They have a longer run to the dive sites. They would have to up the charge to run that far with less than 10. But will be the new normal for several months.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom