Spring Lake closed until further notice due to coronavirus

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No, you have a firm grasp on reality. It's just that the rest of country has lost their's.

I think it has something to do with the Meadows Center being part of TSU and subject to the University's broader policy. Scuba Ranch intends to remain open however!

The media frenzy at this point is unstoppable. The country / world has jumped the shark over what is a mild cold to >95% of the population.

Do not think it is about being under water. Some quarries I have dove in you can just drive in and dive. Never have direct contact with a human. (Mystery and Fantasy) Other places there is an indoor check in and equipment area where there can be a number of people in close contact with each other and with staff. (Bluestone and Phoenix) Also some the setup of the water entry areas can also lead to close contact with strangers. Again easy to avoid that at Mystery and at Fantasy not at Phoneix and not as much at Bluestone.

Michael--You get it. Diving doesn't have to close, and being underwater is the safest place from coronavirus.

However, Meadows Center (Spring Lake) is under the Texas University System, so they have to follow the school's rules.

Spring Lake sent me an email, and followed up with a voicemail, being apologetic about having to close, and making sure I got the message, which I thought was above and beyond. I appreciated their efforts to let scheduled divers know the situation :)

How do you get corona virus underwater in a lake? Or am I not understanding something?

Michael

The country / world has jumped the shark over what is a mild cold to >95% of the population.

5% of the world's population is a LOT of people. Especially if one or more of that 5% is an elderly loved one.

And this just out of France- over half the 300 intensive care patients are under 60.

How's that for shark jumping?

The media frenzy at this point is unstoppable. The country / world has jumped the shark over what is a mild cold to >95% of the population.

For the U.S. alone, a death rate of 1% would kill approximately 3.27 million people. Jump that death rate up to 3.4%, you are talking 11+ million deaths in the U.S. Let's hope you or a loved one will not be among those numbers.

For the U.S. alone, a death rate of 1% would kill approximately 3.27 million people. Jump that death rate up to 3.4%, you are talking 11+ million deaths in the U.S. Let's hope you or a loved one will not be among those numbers.

I appreciate your concern.

Back
Top Bottom