Coronavirus Calendar Cleanout- When can I re-book?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bubblesong

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
since every event except emergency volunteering is wiped off my calendar, but i want to support dive businesses by booking now for the Post Pandemic Playtime, any guesstimate on when would be safe to schedule? There is a Seal Dive charter off Gloucester in mid-June. Would that be a safe delay?

How can anyone do more than guess? Based on the estimate for a vaccine being available at least one year from now, I am reluctant to book anything sooner than one year from now.

How can anyone do more than guess? Based on the estimate for a vaccine being available at least one year from now, I am reluctant to book anything sooner than one year from now.
Even if my local dive businesses could survive with no business, I can’t go a whole summer without diving. I’ll book the Seal charter and roll the dice.

Reactions: yle
I’ll need be of these for the dive boat though...

18E5CF61-8000-48C2-806E-6DF363A2C8DE.jpeg

This should be a pinned thread.

Move it to “the nature of the internet” forum.

I haven’t cleanout any of my 2020 dive trips (6). Just finished one in January:
Raja Ampat Jan 2020 Trip Report

The next one will be in May to French Polynesia. I just wait and see, especially since United, the flight that I’ll be using sent me this:

9FDA1445-D44E-4807-82E3-25D9781D0C22.jpeg

Why wouldn't you book a charter? If it's not gunna go they would be the ones cancelling, not the divers.

If it’s local diving, book it.

I'm supposed to dive out of state in 5 weeks. Vacation rental and diving all booked.

I'm hoping this whole virus thing will be a distant memory by then.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom