Manila lockdown - All domestic flights from/to Manila cancelled

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We were in the Philippines when they blocked all flights. We had three flights affected. Cebu Pacific refunded us almost immediately (36 hours?) after we contacted their Twitter support (@CebuPacificAir), but we had no luck with email or online chat. With their current situation, I would say they have to be one of the world's most heavily impacted regional carriers. They are likely losing their minds at Customer Service. Hope they remain solvent, as I much prefer them to PAL. No BS budget carrier. What you see is what you get with them.

Cebu Pacific gave me a refund for a trip canceled a couple years ago for the plane that went off the runway and closed Manila airport impacting flights for a week or so.

It took them several months to make the refund and I had to send the CEO an email asking if they were going bankrupt because they could not afford to refund me my money.

They processed the refund the next day.

We were in the Philippines when they blocked all flights. We had three flights affected. Cebu Pacific refunded us almost immediately (36 hours?) ......

I wonder if the president's office "suggested" that they process the refunds fast because of the virus. It will not be the first time that he would take that sort of action, if you recall when the bullet in the baggage scam was going on, he promised to shove any bullets "found" up the a$$ of the scammer finding it.

View attachment 573824Cebu Pacific has a Travel Fund to bank unused airfares. But ... seems that my ‘non-sale’ airfares we ‘sale’ ones that are not eligible for the fund so I went through the process of cancelling to receive zero $ back. Hopefully once things calm down they do the right thing and it’s just an admin error.

Have a flight to Palawan booked and paid for on Cebu Pacific but I know I can just kiss that money good bye but that cost is small peanuts compared to the rest of the costs if I lose them--which I probably will.

It took a few days but Cebu Pacific just emailed me placing my airfare value in a Travel Fund for 180 days.

Very impressive compared to PAL.

We were headed to Cebu .... Malapascua and Moalboal for a couple of weeks.

We were checked in for our PAL JFK-MNL-CEB flights (boarding passes, checked luggage etc) and were called back to the ticket counter and told about the in-country cancellations. The possibilities were to fly to MNL and drive to Clark and do CRK-CEB and similar return CEB-CRK ... even that routing would have lost us another day or two.. Didn't seem like a good option as conditions were way to fluid. PAL is processing refund but say their std 30day target may extend longer. Land operators want us to still come in March but we're not inclined to make any plans until all intra-country restrictions are lifted.

Bob

Canada and Malaysia have just closed their border to outsiders.
EU(27 countries) is talking about it and could be implemented soon for at least 30 days.

Published today on their social media.

ALL CEBU PACIFIC AND CEBGO FLIGHTS WILL BE CANCELLED from March 19 until April 14, 2020, in support of government regulations on COVID-19.
[...]
Passenger options on cancelled flights due to COVID-19 are: rebooking with waived fare difference and change fee; full travel fund; and full refund. These options may be processed online via the “Manage Booking” portal in the Cebu Pacific website bit.ly/CEBmanageflight.
Those traveling between April 15-30 who no longer wish to push through with their flights may avail of rebooking with waived change fee and full travel fund with extended validity to 180 days.
[...]

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom