Sad to say Curaçao has made the restrictions list

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Looks like some conflicting info in this article. Says that all flights to and from Europe and Curacao banned, and restrictions in place for other arrivals, but then also says that ALL flights are going to banned. I could be misreading this, but European arrivals are definitely out. We don't have plans for Curacao until July, but we are following developments.

Travel banned! Curacao, Suriname confirm COVID-19 cases

COVID-19 Information | U.S. Consulate General in Curacao

Good luck to all fellow divers out there. We have heard some horror stories from dive resorts in the Philippines, where the Duterte government suddenly imposed dramatic lock down efforts for 30 days into / out of Manila, starting last Thursday, and blocking most provinces from domestic travel - planes, buses, ferries and bangka. Everything. Some of those divers are stuck in small towns indefinitely with virtually no resources beyond what the dive resort has on hand. Hope it doesn't go all "Lord of the Flies" anytime soon.

As it stands right now all flights only from Europe are banned. Flights from North America are still allowed.

If you can please keep us posted as to what you understand to be happening, and any useful links.

Hoping to be seeing you in a couple months!

Damn....just made the final payment for our April-May trip yesterday.

Damn, damn, damn.

Did I say Damn?

It may not be banned now, but this is going to get worse before it gets better.

Damn.....

Jay

Airport population, and 5 hours on a plane..... gives me pause. I believe we have insurance (flight and car), and our residence has a very liberal policy for canceling. Think we should be okay if it is a no-go.

I was going to be there on April 9, it’s just not looking good for this one, AA says don’t bother us until 72 hours before, at the current rate of change I’m not betting on this trip happening.

Seems to be constant updates here: IATA - International Travel Document News

upload_2020-3-16_8-14-22.png

Latest 16-03-2020

As of today both Aruba and Bonaire have closed the borders to all European and US inbound travellers. Three confirmed coronavirus cases on Curacao with a further forty under observation, can't be long before Curacao adds US inbound passenger ban to the already existing ban on Europeans.

AD | Luchtruim Bonaire gesloten voor Europa en VS
Corona Virus and Travel to Aruba | VisitAruba News
Update: Schools close from Tuesday; third coronavirus case confirmed
Prime Minister confirms Curaçao’s first case of COVID-19; closes airspace with Europe

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom