Bonaire's travel update

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Totally unconfirmed.

Some additional level of travel ban is rumored to be implemented on Monday.

People on island are trying to get off. People not yet on from the us, not expecting to be able to go next Saturday.
Yes, what you have said is unconfirmed. Flights from/to the US are going just fine....according to people on-island right now.

We booked a trip a year and a half ago through our LDS to arrive on the 21st of march. Sounds like everything is a go at the moment, but I really have no urge to leave the country at the moment and possibly infect what sounds like a really nice little island. I'm really hoping we are able to reschedule our trip even if everyone else goes.

I'm very sorry to say that my wife and I have cancelled our April 3-17 trip to Bonaire, we are both very sad. The decision was made not only directly due to the Coronavirus pandemic, but, because of personal risk factors. My wife is still recovering from a respiratory illness that exacerbated her underlying asthma and we are both in our later 60s.

American Airlines, Den Laman, Dive Friends, and AB Car Rental have all agreed to apply our payments to a future visit, later this year.

Best of luck to all of you with your travel and diving plans
Good decision - Bonaire will still be there in a few months when this all passes!

I'm very sorry to say that my wife and I have cancelled our April 3-17 trip to Bonaire, we are both very sad. The decision was made not only directly due to the Coronavirus pandemic, but, because of personal risk factors. My wife is still recovering from a respiratory illness that exacerbated her underlying asthma and we are both in our later 60s.

American Airlines, Den Laman, Dive Friends, and AB Car Rental have all agreed to apply our payments to a future visit, later this year.

Best of luck to all of you with your travel and diving plans
Good call Craig! Big props to AA, Den Laman, DFB and AB for accommodating and doing the right thing.

If I am reading the news stories correctly, both Bon and Cur have stopped flights from Europe. They are now considering what to do with US flights. The number of US confirmed cases are almost certainly going to increase in the coming days and weeks which in turn will increase the pressure on the local governments to consider a US ban as well. Not trying to be pessimistic here but I would be surprised if a US ban is not implemented in the coming days or weeks.

If I am reading the news stories correctly, both Bon and Cur have stopped flights from Europe. They are now considering what to do with US flights. The number of US confirmed cases are almost certainly going to increase in the coming days and weeks which in turn will increase the pressure on the local governments to consider a US ban as well. Not trying to be pessimistic here but I would be surprised if a US ban is not implemented in the coming days or weeks.

Eek

We canceled our 16 day trip at the end of May. There is just way too much uncertainty with this thing. I'm not willing to put my family at risk.

Jason

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom