Will COZ close it’s borders?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

First I've ever heard that. Source?
The underwriter sets the terms, conditions and premiums of the policy. The adjuster only determines if the loss meets those terms and conditions. Source! Go ask any underwriter I guess...

The underwriter sets the terms, conditions and premiums of the policy. The adjuster only determines if the loss meets those terms and conditions. Source! Go ask any underwriter I guess...

You don't ever get to talk to the underwriter in that sense. You talk to an insurer about a policy, you're talking to a selling agent.

You don't ever get to talk to the underwriter in that sense. You talk to an insurer about a policy, you're talking to a selling agent.
One does if it’s a direct writer like Geico...one can always call the UW and bypass the agent if need be for non direct writers..

We are booked for Coz from April 11 to May 12 and up til last night we were still planning on going but when we found out that AirBnB is offering full refunds plus we heard that we're at high risk (ages 67 and 69 with some questionable health conditions) we finally decided to wait until the bug has passed. It's complicated because we were bringing some equipment etc for the Coral Reef Restoration Project and since there are no cruise ships (so I've heard, anyway) the economic situation on Coz could be or is not very healthy and we consider our AirBnB host to be a friend so we offered to take a credit for a later date rather than a refund so she won't starve. Her income is from her rentals and it's possible that all of her guests might cancel. I mean, if WE cancelled...

Since everyone has been told that if they think they might be sick to stay home and especially avoid airports/planes etc it seems like flying is probably pretty safe compared to going to a crowded grocery store to stock up on toilet paper. Our main concern is not more possible exposure to the virus, but the thought of possibly being quarantined upon returning is what scares me. Then there's the possibility of not being allowed to return to the USA, or maybe even not being allowed to leave Mexico. Not that we would mind being stuck on Cozumel. :wink: There's also the possibility that by the time we would have been returning that the virus could have reached the end of it's season but I guess nobody knows enough about it to predict that. Then there's the peso at 22:1 which certainly makes the trip appealing. Tough decision.

I wouldn't get on a plane anywhere even though I could get on a plane that is only 10% to 20% filled and subjects me to fewer people than walking into a grocery store... It's getting back that is the concern.

I will be the first to post here that given the fight we have to fight against this bug in our country I believe that ALL US AIR TRAVEL BE IT FOREIGN OR DOMESTIC TRAVEL WILL BE HALTED. Sit back and watch it happen. All international flights have been canceled by AA and soon, the government will shut down all domestic flights for all airlines. They did it after 9/11 and they'll do it again in short order as we try to get ahead of this friggin' thing. Airfare is dirt cheap... getting back could be VERY expensive when the airlines are shut down.

AA has not cancelled flights to Mexico including COZ. Not yet anyway....

Here in Coz and things are starting to close with the ships not coming. Buccanos beach club is closed and the restaurant is only open at night for delivery on the north end.
They may be doing carry out also.
One company announced 4 clubs closed until further notice.
There was 1 small MSC here Monday docked at Purta Maya but not much stirring. Taxis lining Melgar but not moving much.
Street vendors closed early and it appears some never opened.
East side had a little traffic but more locals than tourists.
Today Tuesday we’ll do the same drive and see what’s happening.

Anyone that's flown into CZM in the past few days that can post a report on conditions at the airport? Wait times for immigration and customs, additional screening, issues with ground transportation, etc? I'm scheduled to fly to CZM on Saturday, 21-Mar.

Anyone that's flown into CZM in the past few days that can post a report on conditions at the airport? Wait times for immigration and customs, additional screening, issues with ground transportation, etc? I'm scheduled to fly to CZM on Saturday, 21-Mar.

Not CZM but I entered in through MEX last Thursday and it was nothing outside the standard forms and questioning.

I’m also coming to CZM this weekend so I’m interested to see if they’re doing anything different.

Back
Top Bottom