This blows my mind

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Snoweman

Untroubled Troll
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I took this screenshot about five minutes ago. The plane is not empty, but they must be having enough cancellations to be keeping the price low a week out. Main cabin is below the cost of basic economy. I might even have a chance of being bumped to first class.

Bonaire flights.jpg

I think the planes are flying so that the airlines don’t lose their slots at the airports. It’s not that they are doing anybody a favor. I’m sure each flight is a loss, but having no flights in the future means no business at all.

Great fare, but a crowded, busy airport such as ATL is the last place I want to put myself in pursuit of a pure leisure activity. I have seen a number of amazing fares to all kinds of places that a few months ago I might have jumped on.

Great fare, but a crowded, busy airport such as ATL is the last place I want to put myself in pursuit of a pure leisure activity. I have seen a number of amazing fares to all kinds of places that a few months ago I might have jumped on.

Given that Delta started laying off people, I wonder how crowded ATL really is.

Edit: Also, with no flights from China and Europe, the international terminal must be empty.

Given that Delta started laying off people, I wonder how crowded ATL really is.

Edit: Also, with no flights from China and Europe, the international terminal must be empty.

I flew through ATL Friday night. There was still a pretty good crowd. I spoke to the TSA officer. He said it was the first day that they had starting to see a drop off. There were a lot of people walking through the airport wearing masks and gloves.

Personally, I would stay home. There are way to many contact points in an airport. The only reason I was flying was to get home from a trip taken a week earlier.

I will say this ---- while airfares may be getting cheap, the amount of people allowed on a plane will more than likely decrease. So you may be able to "book" a flight, but it doesn't mean that you will get to board when the time comes. With as fast as things are changing, who knows what's gonna happen over the next few weeks

I will say this ---- while airfares may be getting cheap, the amount of people allowed on a plane will more than likely decrease. So you may be able to "book" a flight, but it doesn't mean that you will get to board when the time comes. With as fast as things are changing, who knows what's gonna happen over the next few weeks

Interesting thought. Delta is parking a bunch of planes in the desert because of reduced demand. I don't see how they will be able to limit the # of passengers, too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom