Accommodations and options for Fl. Keys

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jf3193

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Good evening. My wife and I are looking for good accommodations for a trip to the keys. Ive only been once and stayed at a local hotel and dove pennekamp.
We were looking for a nice hotel/resort to stay at (usually do VRBO, but well just probably eat out this time around). It will need a pool (wife doesnt dive and will lounge on dive days.
We also have a medium sized dog. (45 pds). Does anyone have any ideas of a good place to stay that maybe dog friendly? It may not be an option, and if so, well just look at the VRBO route as usual. We were just wanting a more resort feel as a break from the norm.
Also, from what ive read, Largo seems to have the best diving options. Does anyone else prefer one of the other keys for diving?

There are 15 hotels with a pool that allow dogs listed on Key Largo, unfortunately we usually rent a house so I can not recommend any hotel in particular just be careful, the pictures of the different resorts are not always up to date. I checked out several last time that I was there for a possible future stay and was disappointed by the reality.

We used to visit Key Largo with our Australian Shepherd, Ringo. It was so easy.

Contact Rainbow Reef Dive Center to make all of the arrangements. They are the #1 dive operation in the USA and they'll be happy to set you up with a dive and stay package. They have cooperative agreements with several hotels around the marina and can get you the best prices and arrangements. The hotel we stayed at with our dog was Marina del Mar - we loved it!

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom