Manila lockdown - All domestic flights from/to Manila cancelled

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Besides trying to cancel my live aboard to Tubbataha I emailed Mikes Dauin Beach Resort to cancel my reservation for a week of diving there in June. I asked them if they could keep my deposit and apply it toward a future trip--maybe next year---no problem they said--thanks Mike's. Have a flight to Palawan booked and paid for on Cebu Pacific but I know I can just kiss that money good bye but that cost is small peanuts compared to the rest of the costs if I lose them--which I probably will.
1. Cebu Pacific might have to cancel the flight because of the travel restriction within the country. Usually 2 wks before the scheduled flight.
2. Click "Contact us" in its Home page and then select "Guest Feedback Form" to tell your side of the story.

Good luck.

Besides trying to cancel my live aboard to Tubbataha I emailed Mikes Dauin Beach Resort to cancel my reservation for a week of diving there in June. I asked them if they could keep my deposit and apply it toward a future trip--maybe next year---no problem they said--thanks Mike's. Have a flight to Palawan booked and paid for on Cebu Pacific but I know I can just kiss that money good bye but that cost is small peanuts compared to the rest of the costs if I lose them--which I probably will.

Cebu Pacific will cancel your flight in due time and get you a full refund, as long as travel restriction is still in place on your trip date.

Good to hear Mike's have flexibility, I will keep them in mind for the future. How different operators are responding to this crisis are really setting them apart.

Cebu Island is closed to anyone coming in. You can leave, not sure where you can go to as other islands are closing but you cannot enter.

Island is internally open, you can travel around so far.

Stuck in Moalboal for now, I'll just have to dive daily until things open again.

I had Cebu cancel a trip two years ago when the aircraft went off the runway in Manila, I asked for a refund against my credit card and it took them more than 2 months to process it. I sent their CEO an email asking of they were about to go bankrupt because they needed to keep my 20,000 p for so long. The refund was proceed the next day. I suspect a refund now will take longer because they really will be hurting financially.

Cebu Island is closed to anyone coming in. You can leave, not sure where you can go to as other islands are closing but you cannot enter. Island is internally open, you can travel around so far.

Stuck in Moalboal for now, I'll just have to dive daily until things open again.

I dive with Cebu Dive Center for last 6 years in Moalboal when I dive there. Fun place to dive with.

For information, Cebu Pacific offered me 2 options due to the current situation:
1/Simply cancel my booking and get the full amount on a virtual wallet (Travel Fund) which can be used anytime until 12/31/2020 on a new booking
2/ One free rescheduling of my current booking to another date this year.

I chose the 1st option which I found more flexible.

FT:
Big shout out to Peter's Dive Resort which had not asked for a deposit and which has been kind and philosophical about our cancellation.
Same for me.
I just wrote to PDR that I could not make it this time due to the current situation and they simply acknowledged my message and wished me well.

I will replan a trip there as soon as this madness is over, but probably not before next year to not miss the whale shark season.

I had a flight from Panglao to Manila booked for the 18th on Cebu Pacific; they cancelled it and gave me the option of rescheduling, putting it into a travel fund, or getting a full refund. I took the third option, the site said that my credit card will be credited back in 2 billing cycles.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom