Ultima Dry Glove System question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This past week I did a big job for the US Coast Guard in Atlantic Beach, NC... And since it was there that the local (and unique) oysters sliced and diced my 720s so badly last month, I was very much looking forward to seeing how my 3416s held up by comparison.

Two days in the water - a total of 18 hours of dive time... Not a scratch on them. I'm impressed.

The 720s still win out for dexterity and tactile feel... But the 3416s are even warmer and practically bulletproof. They're tougher than even our summertime wet "cut proof" gloves.

Here's a video review:

I haven't scratched mine after a month in the water. These are bullet-proof. I'll try them out in the cold water of God's Pocket in two weeks.

I told @rob.mwpropane earlier today that if the SHOWA 720s were a Nike running shoe, the SHOWA 3416s would be a steel-toed boot.

...And latex or butyl rubber gloves would be an Aqua Sock. :D

...And PVC gloves like the 490, 495, 620, 660, 660ESD, and the KV660 would be basketball shoes... Not especially light or protective, but very popular.

I guess the Ansells would be Reeboks. :D

I told @rob.mwpropane earlier today that if the SHOWA 720s were a Nike running shoe, the SHOWA 3416s would be a steel-toed boot.

...And latex or butyl rubber gloves would be an Aqua Sock. :D

...And PVC gloves like the 490, 495, 620, 660, 660ESD, and the KV660 would be basketball shoes... Not especially light or protective, but very popular.

I guess the Ansells would be Reeboks. :D

So I guess we can all just stick with the 720's for sport diving? 3416's for anything heavier? @MaxBottomtime, do you plan to go back to the 720's?

Merry loves her 720s and probably won't switch, despite cutting one with her dive knife. The 3416s are thicker, so I'll be sticking with them. I have eleven new pairs of 720s on Ebay as we speak. :(

Merry loves her 720s and probably won't switch, despite cutting one with her dive knife. The 3416s are thicker, so I'll be sticking with them. I have eleven new pairs of 720s on Ebay as we speak. :(
Size? I use XL 660s with wool liners (perfect, except when they shrink)
Thanks,
Dave

Hello, er, Max?
What size are your 720s? I'm on my last pair of XL 660s and might want to buy them all.

I think I'm in love with your boat,
DAVE

Can you still work the camera in the 3416's?

Hello, er, Max?
What size are your 720s? I'm on my last pair of XL 660s and might want to buy them all.

I think I'm in love with your boat,
DAVE
They are XXL. I can wear XL as well, but the XXL gives me a bit more room for liners.
11 pair of Showa 720R XXL | eBay

Can you still work the camera in the 3416's?
Absolutely! I was concerned at first due to the size, but I can still push all the little buttons even with glove liners inside the 3416s.

On another thread shown to me by @rob.mwpropane, people were asking about the SHOWA 460 and 495. I have thus updated my chart to include these two gloves.

gloves.jpg

This image is available for download at:

www.deepsouthdivers.org/gloves.jpg

Or you can download it as a .pdf file (Adobe):

www.deepsouthdivers.org/gloves.pdf

Or as an Excel spreadsheet:

www.deepsouthdivers.org/gloves.xlsx

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom