Manila lockdown - All domestic flights from/to Manila cancelled

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you're going to southern Leyte, why not fly into Cebu-Mactan International? And International flights in and out of NAIA (MNL) are still allowed. But driving from Manila to Batangas (i.e. to Anilao or Puerto Galera) is not allowed until at least April 14.

My liveaboard operator to Tubbataha finally agreed to cancel in light of this

If you're going to southern Leyte, why not fly into Cebu-Mactan International? And International flights in and out of NAIA (MNL) are still allowed. But driving from Manila to Batangas (i.e. to Anilao or Puerto Galera) is not allowed until at least April 14.

I have a friend in Palawan. He can't even fly to CEBU now. Seems lots of domestic flights also cancelled till 14 April.

Because I live in Vietnam and there is no direct flight to Cebu Mactan or Clark Angeles airports.

Here are the latest news I found:
CONSOLIDATED ANSWERS FROM PHL GOVERNMENT OFFICIALS AMID COVID-19

Cabinet Secretary Karlo Nograles

- IATF will meet everyday to monitor development of COVID-19.

- Pati mga nasa labas ng Metro Manila ay atin ding binabantayan

- PRRD will preside the IATF meetings matapos itaas sa code red sub-level 2

- The transport of goods to Metro Manila from the provinces and vice versa will remain subject to guidelines. This means that residents of NCR should not worry about the supplies of produce, foods and other goods in our markets, groceries and retailers. ‘wag po tayong mag-hoard ng pagkain at mga kagamitan.

- Flights from Metro Manila going to and coming from abroad will be allowed subject to travel restrictions that are currently in place.

- If you are a Filipino citizen and you are coming from abroad you will be allowed to come home subject to strict quarantine guidelines. Foreign nationals who want to fly home from Metro Manila to their respective countries will be allowed to do so. However, very strict and stringent travel restrictions will be imposed upon those traveling from countries with localized COVID-19 transmissions.

- Anyone flying in from abroad via NAIA will remain in Metro Manila until the domestic travel ban is lifted, and again, that begins on March 15, if the ultimate destination is in the provinces, we suggest to fly in via Clark, Cebu and other airports not under quarantine. So you can proceed to your ultimate destination in the provinces.

- The suspension of domestic travel will be reviewed on a daily basis and may be lifted earlier if the situation allows it and may be extended further if the situation requires it.

- Strict quarantine restrictions will be imposed on foreign national coming from countries with localized COVID-19 transmissions.

- Aside from the suspension of classes, work in the executive department is likewise suspended during the said period in order to reduce opportunities for exposure to the COVID-19. We hope our counterparts in the legislative and judicial branches of government adopt similar measures.

- Skeletal staffing patterns will be put in place and telecommuting and telework may also be considered in order to ensure that public services continue uninterrupted while these are in place.

- Ang frontline services po ng gobyerno ay tuloy-tuloy pa rin po.

- For the private sector, we urge employers to adopt the flexi work arrangements that were outlined in a labor advisory that was issued by the Department of Labor and Employment.

- The DTI has also recommended that manufacturing, retail and service establishments as well as banks remain open to the public on the condition that they undertake the various conditions advised by the Department of Health.

- Mass transport system like LRT, PNR, MRT will also remain operational with the Department of Transportation tasked to institute measures that will protect the riding public from the COVID-19 virus such as regular disinfection protocols and social distancing measures.

- The government is strictly prohibiting mass gatherings during this period. These include concerts, large seminars, and conventions, sporting events and social gatherings and we will provide more details about this later. Particularly as regards masses and worship services and religious gatherings. Makikipag-ugnayan din sa iba’t ibang religions.

- Local officials may also quarantine respective LGUs within Metro Manila. Mayors set to meet today.

Source: DOTr social media

I have a friend in Palawan. He can't even fly to CEBU now. Seems lots of domestic flights also cancelled till 14 April.

With the information available at the moment, if they are direct flights they should not be cancelled, if the flight stops in MNL, then yes that is likely cancelled.

Because I live in Vietnam and there is no direct flight to Cebu Mactan or Clark Angeles airports

Ah I see, that's a fair reason.... possible to connect through Jakarta or similar? I'm not doubting you, I just hate to see a dive trip scrapped....that sucks...

Nope, no other option which won't make me lose 3 diving days on an 8 day trip.

I will replan a trip there, or at Dauin, as soon as this madness is over.

More news....

BOHOL BANNED.jpg

My liveaboard operator to Tubbataha finally agreed to cancel in light of this
I've got a liveaboard in Tubbataha the end of May and haven't heard a word from Liveaboard.com or anyone else about being able to cancel without a penalty. Hell my flight there through Korea may yet be cancelled and are they still going to make me pay a penalty for not being able to get there? Who knows. Who were you scheduled with for your trip?

Back
Top Bottom