Air fare bargains are appearing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah DD, I agree. And, the TSA inspected the candy -- it has to safe after their process. If the flight attendant or pilot get sick, they know where you are sitting.

No, I call you somewhat smart. Had you and Roger waited for the hysteria to crest in about two weeks, then I would have called you both geniuses.

Here in southwestern Ohio we have no confirmed cases. Ohio has thee confirmed cases on the shores of Lake Erie, and one in Dayton. Some students are being tested in Dayton.

And Mayor Cranley is shutting down Cincinnati. Parades and other events have been cancelled.. The Reds parade is cancelled. That is a century long tradition.

Schools are shutting down around me. My school/employer is weighing options. Cathy and I may have to go down and see @TheChairman and/or @DeepSeaExplorer along with MrsDeepSeaExplorer in cave country. Always wanted to dive cave country.

Another two weeks and the deals will be incredible, IMHO.

Should we fly to northern FL or just drive... That is the question. I guess we would fly to Jacksonville or Tallahassee... Dunno.

I already get 3½ months of paid vacation. May I have another two weeks please?

cheers,
m
Starting the social distancing BEFORE a lot of infections is exactly the right thing to do. And then, if the infection rate stays low, people will say it was unnecessary. Right. They can go sit with the antivaxers. Wishing something were true does not make it true.

I do some of my best "social distancing" underwater. :clearmask:

Headed to Coz in about a month then Bonaire a few weeks after that. Bought my Coz tickets a little over a month ago r/t LIT/CZM for less than $350. Good enough...actual prices haven't moved much since then on that particular itinerary. Bought Bonaire tickets on a price dip months ago and they haven't dropped back to the price I paid yet. Probably has a lot to do with the "unique" itinerary. Honestly I just try to pick a price, buy, and quit looking. I haven't had much luck trying to out guess airline pricing. After last night...who knows. Have fun, be safe, preferably both, if not choose one and don't look back. :) All IMHO, YMMV.

Are those dates the ones you need? There are cheaper fares, altho these are probably Basic Economy.

View attachment 573604

Thanks - we're going the 19th to 26th. We really need the extra luggage Southwest lets us bring. We're bringing down some stuff to drop off and don't want to pay $60 (RT) for our stuff and then another $80 for the extra bags. I haven't looked, but I'd guess you'd have to add another $30 or more to be able to choose your own seats on AA. And I'm partial to Southwest. :)

Thanks - we're going the 19th to 26th. We really need the extra luggage Southwest lets us bring. We're bringing down some stuff to drop off and don't want to pay $60 (RT) for our stuff and then another $80 for the extra bags. I haven't looked, but I'd guess you'd have to add another $30 or more to be able to choose your own seats on AA. And I'm partial to Southwest. :)

Southwest is my go to, but at least for my dates in July their were ridiculously high, literally twice the price. My business class tickets are cheaper.

Just ensure that your own viruses are keeping their social distance from others in the rinse tank

Just ensure that your own viruses are keeping their social distance from others in the rinse tank

LOL...I dive in a skin. It gets rinsed in the shower with me. Something tells me my dive shop uses enough disinfectant to kill small elephants on the rest of my stuff, but good point, I'll ask. My mask doesn't go anywhere near a communal bucket, never has. I do dive in the ocean and I hear fish pee in it so I'll have to take my chances there. :) All in all I'm probably safer diving than dinner afterward, but I'm not passing that up in Coz. It's half the reason I go...along with the good company. I'm going to do my very best to have fun. I hope everyone else does too, if they choose to. :bounce::bounce::bounce:

Hello All,

Governor DeWine, from the great state of Ohio, has closed all K-12 schools in Ohio for three weeks. I hope my wife and I find some great travel deals.

We can bike ride-rail trails, I can target shoot, we can have a party, but what do we do for rest of the time?

Work on my house? Nahhhh!

Watch the market and try to buy at the low point? I hope the morons keeps selling. Their loss could be my gain...

Scuba dive...yeah, what the hell! :yeahbaby:

I have always wanted to dive cave country.

How are the Flower Gardens this time of year?

What is the water temp and sea state off North Carolina this time of year?

I will be scouring the internet for air fare deals and destination deals.

cheers,
m

Starting the social distancing BEFORE a lot of infections is exactly the right thing to do. And then, if the infection rate stays low, people will say it was unnecessary. Right. They can go sit with the antivaxers. Wishing something were true does not make it true.
I grew up in southern Louisiana - Hurricane Country. There are cases where after people had been evacuated several times as a precaution when a hurricane was in the area but the storm had gone somewhere else, a lot of them concluded that the "experts are always wrong". The next time they were advised to flee the area, they refused, and they died. There are similarities here.

There are no cases confirmed yet where I live, but I am setting up today to start working from home. I won't be going where there are crowds for the foreseeable future. I wash hands and use sanitizer several times a day when I am out of the house. If I get this thing it won't be because I ignored the warnings because "the experts were wrong" about SARS and the Swine Flu.

Back
Top Bottom