Is Coronavirus keeping you from booking liveaboard/overseas trips this year?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

And that ban includes cargo. Work just got really interesting.

With the circle of travel closing rapidly, we canceled a trip to Florida for the end of the month. The concern was not necessarily our own health, but being told to stay away from work, and then penalized for poor personal judgement for personal traveling. The company has already suspended all business travel, domestic or international, and to the greatest extent possible, canceled face to face internal meetings.

With the circle of travel closing rapidly, we canceled a trip to Florida for the end of the month. The concern was not necessarily our own health, but being told to stay away from work, and then penalized for poor personal judgement for personal traveling. The company has already suspended all business travel, domestic or international, and to the greatest extent possible, canceled face to face internal meetings.

I’m still driving the 5-6 hours to Ohio to dive this weekend.

I wish I thought he was doing this because he understands the concept and value of social distancing....
Well, we now have the WHO declaring a global 'pandemic', multiple universities are cancelling live classes for the rest of the Spring semester, 'new case' numbers are rising rapidly in most of western Europe, so it makes sense for the most part (although I am curious about the UK exception). I very much suspect the CDC played a role in the recommendation to implement the travel ban, and this is not a unilateral action coming out of the White House. This action will necessarily, and inescapably, have a negative impact on the US domestic economy, and that is not something any President wants, particularly in an election year.

Probably a smart thing to do right now. There have been entire companies locally that have had to send home all their staff due to one person going on vacation, coming back positive (unbeknownst to the person at the time) and going to work.

I will be working from home for the foreseeable future and am grateful for the flexibility right now.

Back
Top Bottom