Anyone want to go to Peacock this weekend?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Manatee Diver

Stop throwing lettuce at me!
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
None - Not Certified
My planned buddy fell through, anyone want to hit Peacock with an apprentice cave diver?

I would join you, but I can’t seem to shake this cough...

I think we crossed paths a few weeks ago at Ginnie. You were coming out as I was going in.

Next time...

I wish I could join you but I am only Cavern certified! I get Cave 1 in June so... soon!

I would join you, but I can’t seem to shake this cough...

I think we crossed paths a few weeks ago at Ginnie. You were coming out as I was going in.

Next time...

Were you in the group that we ran into at Keyhole?

My wife and I did Orange Grove today—we’re new Intro-level divers—and I couldn’t find the gold line the first time, despite having seen it before and knowing in my mind “look up and to the left.” Lots of fun. We wouldn’t want to drag you down.

My wife and I did Orange Grove today—we’re new Intro-level divers—and I couldn’t find the gold line the first time, despite having seen it before and knowing in my mind “look up and to the left.” Lots of fun. We wouldn’t want to drag you down.

I'm basically at the same level, so I wouldn't mind. I'm in the "just trying to get comfortable" phase of cave diving.

I went to Orange a few weeks back, it is a little hard to find.

I'm basically at the same level, so I wouldn't mind. I'm in the "just trying to get comfortable" phase of cave diving.

I went to Orange a few weeks back, it is a little hard to find.

I followed your thread a few weeks ago, which is partly what inspired us to go. Also, we wanted to spend a while practicing skills in the basin, and OG is the only deep-ish place open at the moment. We spent more time on that than the dive.

I followed your thread a few weeks ago, which is partly what inspired us to go. Also, we wanted to spend a while practicing skills in the basin, and OG is the only deep-ish place open at the moment. We spent more time on that than the dive.

It is a nice dive, a little low for back mount, but it was great as a side mounter.

If you are going this weekend let me know. It has been a few weeks since I last dove a cave (did some salt water dives recently) and I am missing it.

It is a nice dive, a little low for back mount, but it was great as a side mounter.

If you are going this weekend let me know. It has been a few weeks since I last dove a cave (did some salt water dives recently) and I am missing it.

My wife may not be able to dive this weekend,so if she can't I may be free Sunday. I will message you if it looks like a possibility. I'm cave CCR, but will dive open circuit if you prefer. Though experiencing the nuances of mixed team diving at apprentice level can actually be a good learning dive for you.

As for OG, I thought it was a little low for back mount when I was cave 1. Then with experience I learned it wasn't low at all. I just needed better skills.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom