Is The Bianca C In Grenada Worth Diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cleung

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'll be heading down to Grenada in late May for a quick long weekend type of trip to get into tropical waters again after my last dive adventure in fairly colder and challenging waters of Galapagos in the fall. Just wondering if the big wreck Bianca C is worth diving. I heard it's only about a 20 minute dive due to the depth.

I'm more into marine life rather than the wrecks themselves and if the marine life at the Bianca C is no different or worse than longer dives on Grenada, I would rather just skip it. Any thoughts from those who been there?

I am not a big fan of wrecks. With that said, the Bianca C is more a wreck than it is an artificial reef. If you want to see marine growth, there are far superior wrecks that have seahorses, sponges, etc. on. Bianca C is mostly covered in a little algae. You would visit the Bianca C if you were a wreck nut.

When the dive shop my wife and I dive with dive the Bianca C, we go to the nearby reef. That option will not be open to most folks, as we have dived with that operator enough to them to know us well and trust us.

I'm more into marine life rather than the wrecks themselves
This describes me exactly.

I dove the Bianca C many years ago on a liveaboard trip out of Grenada. It is unmemorable for me. I'm sure a wreck rat would have a different opinion. I don't mind the occasional wreck that is at least at a depth I can get a decent length dive and has more than metal to see, but I wouldn't go out of my way for this one.

My understanding is there can be some big stuff in and around that wreck, and IIRC some people on our dive spotted mantas or eagle rays. But you're not there long (and the viz was not great when we were there) which cuts your odds of lucking into seeing stuff like that.

I'm more into marine life rather than the wrecks themselves and if the marine life at the Bianca C is no different or worse than longer dives on Grenada, I would rather just skip it. Any thoughts from those who been there?

And me too. I was on Grenada in early February and dove the Bianca C. Not really that much to see, if you like swim-throughs (I can take them or leave them), you can get into the cargo hold and swim about. Other than that, not much to see there. I will say that the paved goat trails they call roads in Grenada certainly are "interesting"

Thanks for all your comments folks. Just saw a few videos on the Bianca C and not that impressed. I'll ask the dive shop I'll be using, Native Spirits, to just stick to the sites with decent marine life regardless if there is a wreck there or not and get at least 45 min dive time.

I have not much to add because I'm not into wrecks either but one of the times I dove Bianca, there was a bit of extra current. Because I'm not into wrecks, my buddies were still looking her over whilst I hung (literally) onto a rail, facing into the current. 3 large barracuda came along and hung with me. That was cool.

I thought it was a great dive. I did it twice. Mind you, I did do 30 mins bottom time. Decoing with barracuda circling me was also pretty cool.

I was not noticeably impressed. Although, my local dive sites are some of the best wreck dives in the USA, so it's hard to impress me perhaps!

I believe that she's started to break up more too. Some storm iirc

My first time, I could swim in the pool, so to speak. Last time, I didn't recognize some parts of her.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom