Deep 6 Signature Regulator problem after 2 months

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It seems an email was sent just before this post went up, however, we are closed on Sundays.

Our warehouse manager should respond to the email when he gets in today. You are more than welcome to send the regulator in to us for free service. Our typical turn around time is usually only 24-48 hours.

It seems an email was sent just before this post went up, however, we are closed on Sundays.

Our warehouse manager should respond to the email when he gets in today. You are more than welcome to send the regulator in to us for free service. Our typical turn around time is usually only 24-48 hours.

I wasn't sure if it was me, and I was doing something wrong. I called in. They know what the issue is, and I am sending back the 1st stage.

I mailed the first and second stages back. Hopefully they can tell me why it failed and how to get more longevity out of it.

I thought I was taking good care of my regulators Now into about 16 months since shipping and used for the first time week before Memorial Day weekend 2019, I installed a shearwater transmitter and check the IP from the inflator hose. It goes up to 150 and steadily increases until it free flows.

So, as far as you know, everything was working great up-til and before you installed a transmitter. Are you sure you didn't cross-thread the transmitter? Did you remove the transmitter and recheck the IP?

No I didn’t check. If I cross threaded the transmitter, I would have thought the air would have come out the cross threaded portion. I wish I could have deleted the whole thread but wanted to make sure I wasn’t missing something obvious. It sat for 2 months in between uses in a cool dry basement so maybe that was the issue.

IP creep points to the high pressure seat, not installation of a transmitter. Being a newer Deep 6 technician I am really interested in this. I have a theory, and I hope @cerich or @LandonL can post up what they find when it gets torn down.

Out of curiosity, is this a yoke 1st stage? And do you do alot of salt water diving?

No I didn’t check. If I cross threaded the transmitter, I would have thought the air would have come out the cross threaded portion. I wish I could have deleted the whole thread but wanted to make sure I wasn’t missing something obvious. It sat for 2 months in between uses in a cool dry basement so maybe that was the issue.
Seems like a reasonable thread. No need to delete.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom