Reviews on Triton's Abacus / divecomputer.eu anyone?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey, it's been stuck in bootloader mode for 8 weeks and they didn't think of designing in a hard reset.

You can't have that little pinhole thing in a dive computer: it'll flood, d'uh.

Seriously though, one more argument for user-replaceable batteries.

You can't have that little pinhole thing in a dive computer: it'll flood, d'uh.

Seriously though, one more argument for user-replaceable batteries.
It's got user replaceable batteries. Taking them out has no effect.

It's got user replaceable batteries. Taking them out has no effect.

:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3: There's typically a "supercapacitor" that can hold the charge for a while. But it will discharge eventually, in a device that size I'd expect on the order of hours. Certainly not 8 weeks.

Works well.... when it works.

Support ticket entered on oct 6th, no answer until today !

I see some rust on the pressure captor and rust appeared also inside the battery compartiment (see pictures). I opened it several times, always in dry conditions and screwing cap at the max when closing... curious.

One of my friends had a similar problem, he decided to change to another brand.

View attachment 547326 View attachment 547328

Rust problems +/- solved, I let it during one entire night in vinegar, then drying and cleaning with a tissue, most of the rust disapeared.

Another problem appeared during diving : blocked at 16m, with a PPO2 of 0.02 !! .

Removed the battery, restarted, but the wrong PPO2 is stll there...

20191111_093152.jpg

And still no answer from them, service ticket opened in june 2019 !!

M
Rust problems +/- solved, I let it during one entire night in vinegar, then drying and cleaning with a tissue, most of the rust disapeared.

Another problem appeared during diving : blocked at 16m, with a PPO2 of 0.02 !! .

Removed the battery, restarted, but the wrong PPO2 is stll there...

View attachment 552085

And still no answer from them, service ticket opened in june 2019 !!
Mine did that because the pressure sensor failed but your pressure reading looks ok,t it's probably related. They did replace the pressure sensor on mine though it did then flood on the first dive after repair.

My service ticket is now 3 months old. Still unanswered.

They've just made version 4.1 of the software available on their website. So I tried uploading it and my computer is finally out of bootloader mode. Haven't had a chance to use it underwater yet.

All of which goes to show that they could have solved my problem 3.5 months ago by giving me a copy of the 4.0 software, but that would mean caring at all about their customers and actually responding to support tickets.

I'm never going to spend another penny with them, Light For Me or any of their other associated companies.

Don't be jealous, I mean that I have no response from them at all... (no response yesterday, no response today, and I suppose it will be the same tomorrow... very bad service, though when they act, it is efficient).

Look in dive parameters, there is a possibility to choose the last deco-stop, if you choose 6m, it will never give you a 3m stop....

I'm trying to clean it, battery cap done (one night in vinegar, clean as new). If I were sure that the battery housing is waterproof isolated from the rest, I'd put it also a night in vinegar, then a wiping with a tissue and it's as new...

Hey ! received an answer to my support ticket of 6 oct 2019 : yesterday 8 march 2020....

Hey ! received an answer to my support ticket of 6 oct 2019 : yesterday 8 march 2020....
Only 6 months wait! Congratulations! 1st class customer service in action.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom