Scopolamine - where can I buy it standalone

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When you get tired of being seasick order some Hyoscine.
Also known as scopolamine and "Devil's Breath."

I've bought Meclizine HCL (Meclison) at a Farmacia del Ahorro. Twenty tablets cost 60 pesos. Each tablet contains 25 mg of Meclizine HCL. I will try this before going to bed and one hour before the diving. Thanks again for the advice!

Good luck! I hope you enjoy your dives.

The patch gives many people weird side effects. I would just do Bonine the night before and a half an hour before you get on the boat and you should be good to go. They sell the generic here just look it up and see the active ingredient.

Bonine is what I use. Take it night before and morning of pretty much any charter.

How much Bonine (Meclizine) do you take at once? 25 mg or less?

The Bonine box says 1 to 2 daily. Seems that the night before and before getting on the boat works best for many people. That’s what me and my dive buddies did on live-aboard to Socorro and non of us got sick.

I take 2 of the 25 mg tablets. I feel your pain. Seasickness is the absolute worst! It does make a positive difference if you start the night before your dives, then an hour before diving. A light breakfast with minimal dairy is also helpful. I will use the Scop patch if going places which require longer dives. It helps, but the side effect of dilated pupils make reading my gauges difficult. I only use it as my last option.

I've taken 25 mg the night before and I have slept 10 hours straight and feel a little bit drowsy. This is the reason why I have asked if you take the whole 25 mg or maybe less...

Do you experience the same side effects?

Back
Top Bottom