Help needed ASAP! Perdix AI screen blanked out and computer died in the middle of a dive!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CarcharodonCarcharias

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi,

I am at South Maldives and still on my first day of diving. During my second dive 2 hours ago, my Perdíx AI screen went blank and computer died while I was in 17m of water and 30 min into the dive. I went back on the boat, changed the battery twice, and there was no leak in the DC . But the Perdix still does not work and it won’t even turn on.

Any thoughts or advice regarding this situation?

Tks.

Too bad .. I feel for you.
Just rent a dive computer from the dive shop and enjoy the diving for now and deal with the RMA and servicing later after you are back. Unless the knocking miracle works .. :wink:

P

Screw the cap in fully

Have you sent an email to Shearwater?

Hi,

I am at South Maldives and still on my first day of diving. During my second dive 2 hours ago, my Perdíx AI screen went blank and computer died while I was in 17m of water and 30 min into the dive. I went back on the boat, changed the battery twice, and there was no leak in the DC . But the Perdix still does not work and it won’t even turn on.

Any thoughts or advice regarding this situation?

Tks.
That’s unfortunate - sounds like it’s dead for now. Get in touch with Shearwater Service after your trip so you can get it diagnosed and repaired. SW has great customer service so will sort you out - but that won’t help you out right now.

This is exactly why I always wear a backup - regardless of brand, there is no such thing as perfection and failures can (and do) happen. Good luck!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom