Warning to Teric owners, check the tightness of the lug screws

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the heads up. I checked mine and one lug screw was missing.

Pleased to assist. My biggest concern is other divers share the same risk. Our outcomes were fortunate, the alternative doesn't bear thinking about.

Contact Shearwater on info@shearwater.com this address is actively managing the issue. As commented above Shearwater appears to have a lug with thread lock which they are shipping. They are prompt and understanding.

Pleased to assist. My biggest concern is other divers share the same risk. Our outcomes were fortunate, the alternative doesn't bear thinking about.

Contact Shearwater on info@shearwater.com this address is actively managing the issue. As commented above Shearwater appears to have a lug with thread lock which they are shipping. They are prompt and understanding.
My LDS where I purchased the Teric from says that they have replacement screws. Guess they were prepared.

I was going to throw mine on an old NATO strap I have lying around just to see if I like it, but it's the wrong width. Anybody have theirs on a NATO strap already that can confirm you can still charge it that way or do you need to remove it from the strap to charge? In general I am not a huge fan of all the rings on both sides of NATO straps so that Shearwater one is appealing because the rings are more subtle than the ones I have. I'm surprised there are not more color options available though. I'm still deciding if protecting against single pin failure is worth the massive rule 6 violation that comes with wearing blue camo topside.

I was going to throw mine on an old NATO strap I have lying around just to see if I like it, but it's the wrong width. Anybody have theirs on a NATO strap already that can confirm you can still charge it that way or do you need to remove it from the strap to charge? In general I am not a huge fan of all the rings on both sides of NATO straps so that Shearwater one is appealing because the rings are more subtle than the ones I have. I'm surprised there are not more color options available though. I'm still deciding if protecting against single pin failure is worth the massive rule 6 violation that comes with wearing blue camo topside.
The Zulu doesn’t have the double strap part so fewer rings. Charging with either should not present a problem since you can just pull a loop in it to fit the charger, provided you’re using the stock charger. I personally hate those straps enough to prefer the risk of loss over one.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom